DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 - flood light recommendation?

izometric

Reactions
I am thinking to buy a flood light, low weight, at least 30 minutes battery life at full power for navigating into the dark/night time inspections.

If it could also be turned on/off remotely, that would be amazing.

Any recommendations?

Found it. Enormously powerful for the size and it features strobe lights via the top mounted LED (different from the front flood LED):

Ordered from Amazon. I will velcro tape it to the top of the drone when needed. I hope that at 10g it will not trigger payload mode.

With the Mini Wet Suit you can slide the Light right over the top , lock it in and change the Position of the light to face down or out, I use it much more on my hat but its an easy switch to the Drones. That tilt is Priceless and its charges USB , its my part of my daily carry.

Screenshot 03-06-2021 08.04.21.jpg

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and land on water.

Found it. Enormously powerful for the size and it features strobe lights via the top mounted LED (different from the front flood LED):

Ordered from Amazon. I will velcro tape it to the top of the drone when needed. I hope that at 10g it will not trigger payload mode.
We have found the best way around payload mode is to start and flying first than attach .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini in the Rain and land on Water.

The light arrived. It is incredibly small, very light, only 18.8g.

I attached it with a velcro tape to the front top of the drone.

Behind it the compulsory strobe light for night flying.

The flood light is incredibly strong at 200 lumens (runtime at this power about 42 minutes), it will easily allow navigation into the dark.

Today is a little stormy, but tomorrow night I will fly it and I will post some videos.

Attachments

• IMG_5556.jpg
    IMG_5556.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5554.jpg
    IMG_5554.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5553.jpg
    IMG_5553.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5552.jpg
    IMG_5552.jpg