DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 front left arm clicking sound when opening and closing

Vaideeshwar

Reactions
I have owned all Mavic (except the pro series) and this is the first time I am hearing this clicking sound when opening and closing the left arm at about the halfway point.

I spoke to DJI CS who recommended that I return it for a replacement, and when I finally opened my REPLACEMENT, IT HAS THE SAME PROBLEM TOO!!

Are any you guys having the same problem?

It sounds like you're describing the noise the protective cable covering makes on some drones when opening/closing the arms.

1605384838569.png

Reactions: Vaideeshwar
I have owned every Mavic model too and have never NOT had the issue you describe. It has always been due to the cable as described above. I was worried it would cause damage due to additional wear, but it never has, so no need to worry.

I have owned every Mavic model too and have never NOT had the issue you describe. It has always been due to the cable as described above. I was worried it would cause damage due to additional wear, but it never has, so no need to worry.
That sounds positive! Thank you. I did my own searching in the internet to find out some poeple who had a clicking arm later saw development of minute cracks near the arm hinge, which got me worried.

It sounds like you're describing the noise the protective cable covering makes on some drones when opening/closing the arms.

View attachment 117185
Thanks for that. I wanted to ignore the sound, but read comments from a few people who saw this sound turn into bigger problems. It is a good thing I returned the first one because the drone did not make the "ta na na" DJI startup welcome sound and I thought DJI got rid of that for this model.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23