DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 gets Warm

Does anyone have some live data sampling on operating battery temps? The MM2 specs state an operating max temp of 104F. Obviously, letting the drone sit, while on, allows the battery to most likely exceed its recommended temp.
You can let the Mini sit at idle and the battery will stay the same temp. Only when you fly it will increase its temperature.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and Land on the Water.

You can let the Mini sit at idle and the battery will stay the same temp. Only when you fly it will increase its temperature.

Phantomrain.org

Based on what I have experienced, the MM2, while powered on and stationary will heat up so much you cant pick it up. After flying it really hard from 100% to 20%, the battery is just warm.

Phantomrain.org
Based on what I have experienced, the MM2, while powered on and stationary will heat up so much you cant pick it up. After flying it really hard from battery level 100% to 20%, the battery is just warm.

Sorry , What it should say is that after flying it really hard from 100 % battery to 20 % battery when stationary that the Mini is really hot to pick up. The Wet Suit helps protect you from the heat of the drone .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Land on the Water.

Sorry , What it should say is that after flying it really hard from 100 % battery to 20 % battery when stationary that the Mini is really hot to pick up. The Wet Suit helps protect you from the heat of the drone .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Land on the Water.
What is your problem? That is not what I said. You are making **** up.

We did few test awhile back with the Mini 2: When the Mini was turned on for 20 minutes with props not spinning : 98.6 degress.

When we Remote land and keep the Props spinning for 20 minutes it was 104 degrees and flying was 118 to 120 degrees.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

ok, that's interesting data. I will do some temp tests on my end. I was going to get some temp measuring equipment for another project.

@moparherb yes this is normal,the Mini doesn't have an internal fan so it dissipates heat from the air movement over it as it flies ,a good way to help it keep its cool, is to use a small desk fan blowing over it when you are doing checks or firmware updates with it connected and on
On a normal flight how hot does the battery get/for the mini 2

@Lloyd6969 the temperature of the battery during flight depends on many things which mode you are in whether you are flying at height or just hovering close to the ground ,and of course the actual outside air temp
its best not to let the battery stay in the drone for to long after landing remove it as soon as you can
also make sure its not sitting in a hot vehicle
as you can see there is no hard and fast temperature for the battery after a flight

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom