DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Gimbal hitting/contacting front body of the UAV

bruce356

Reactions
Hi, just bought a Mini 2 and found that the back of the gimbal was making contact with the grey body part of the UAV.
This in my opinion, others may not agree, is very poor design. the back part of the gimbal is so close to the body that any movement or force of wind will cause the the gimbal to contact the body part and ruin a smooth horizontal pan.

Others may or may not have had this issue, the video shows this as the gimbal is being initialised, first part normal speed, 2nd part of video at 50% speed and shows it more obviously as the gimbal vibrates after making contact and sliding over the step.
Regards.
Link:-

So the Gimbal on the Mini is not very strong and its easily damaged by strong wind.
The idea behind that is to not let the camera over extend the Cable.

If they gave it more room to breathe than any strong wind gusts would tear the Gimbal much easier than it does now.

This is why we Rave about the Stronger Gimbal in the Air 2S over the Air 2 and the Mavic 2 .

The key is to learn how to fly in the Stronger winds and protect the Gimbal something that comes with being very seasoned in flying in extreme winds.

I think you will find that unless your flying in extreme winds and storms as we do , the Mini 2 will serve you well and those walls will protect the Gimbal from tearing the cable.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and Capture the Storm.

Hi Phantomrain, thanks for the reply, the video clearly shows that it is already hitting inside house without wind, this is just not acceptable to me, it will be returned.
Regards.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I don't have the mini2 here with me .... but does this happen on all minis or is it a problem with your Gimbal? I will also check as soon as possible.

Hi FlyAMR, I do not know I have only had one, I was very happy with the flight performance and stability of the Mini 2 but the gimbal design and its interference closeness to the body I was not happy with, so I returned it, they offered me another but I declined.

really a shame .... the mini 2 is a fantastic drone! I was wondering how many of us have this kind of problem? or was it born like this? ...

Mavic Mini & Mini 2, no problems with either one. Gimbals are 2 mm away from the body/housing. Something has caused the Gimbal to change position or the suspension system has been damaged/distorted.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143