DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 gimbal mounting - Please compare

netfolks2000

Reactions
Please compare your Mini 2 gimbal to mine.
Notice the dark grey support bar that comes forward with a folding rubber grommet, or bumper or shock absorber mounted on the end which then, on the right bar, connects into the white middle frame. You can even see where part of the rubber sticks thru a little hole on the right side to keep it positioned.
Then look on the left and you will see that the rubber bumper is facing the same way, to the left, and does not connect into the white frame, isn't attached to anything, just lays against the left wall. Seems it also should face the white middle frame and its little nub stuck in the hole there.

Is that normal or should the left side rubber bumper be mounted on the right side of the dark bar with it also having a nub stuck in a hole in the white frame to keep it stable?

The gimbal seems to work fine but that seems so abnormal. When you look at the 3rd photo you can see both rubber supports are on the left side of each dark grey bar, instead of both facing the white frame and instead of BOTH having nubs fitting into the holes in the white frame. Thank you for taking time to look at yours and compare.

gim1.jpggim2.jpggim3.jpg

Please compare your Mini 2 gimbal to mine.
Notice the dark grey support bar that comes forward with a folding rubber grommet, or bumper or shock absorber mounted on the end which then, on the right bar, connects into the white middle frame. You can even see where part of the rubber sticks thru a little hole on the right side to keep it positioned.
Then look on the left and you will see that the rubber bumper is facing the same way, to the left, and does not connect into the white frame, isn't attached to anything, just lays against the left wall. Seems it also should face the white middle frame and its little nub stuck in the hole there.

Is that normal or should the left side rubber bumper be mounted on the right side of the dark bar with it also having a nub stuck in a hole in the white frame to keep it stable?

The gimbal seems to work fine but that seems so abnormal. When you look at the 3rd photo you can see both rubber supports are on the left side of each dark grey bar, instead of both facing the white frame and instead of BOTH having nubs fitting into the holes in the white frame. Thank you for taking time to look at yours and compare.

View attachment 116964View attachment 116965View attachment 116966

Your rubber dingy on the left side is out, should be pressed in, the same as on the right. Got to be super careful when taking off that lens cover.

Just push the rubber plug under the support bar and push it through the mounting hole, should be identical to the other side.

Reactions: Mavic 57
Just push the rubber plug under the support bar and push it through the mounting hole, should be identical to the other side.
Sorry, guys. I got a reply from DJI. Odd as it seems, if you look on your own Mini 2's as well, you will see that both rubber numbers face to the left. But I would still like to know if yours is placed the same way. And this is the reply:

(DJI Support)
2020年11月12日 GMT+817:24
Dear Travis,

Thank you for contacting us.

According to the picture you sent to us, the rubber brace is perferctly placed and fixed in its designed socket. When you try to use Gimbal to take photos and videos, if Gimbal performs well, it means the rubber brace is ok;

However if Gimbal performs alnormally, please provide us more records such as the error message in the APP or video for further support.

Thank you for choosing DJI Technical Support.

I think DJI support are totally wrong, to have the rubber tethers not being connected to body seems to be an illogical design.

1605250426539.png

Last edited:
Your Gimbal is definitively mounted wrong.
Mine look like this:
IMG_20201113_090830.jpg

So you've been flying like this and haven't had any warning messages? That's quite concerning.

I'll have to double check mine. Didn't own the MM1 so first time fiddling about with this gimbal cover, don't want to damage mine so soon.

Thank you all very much for your input. I took a pair of long tweezers and "courageously" just reached for that rubber brace, wrapped it around to the other side of that bar and it fit like the other one perfectly. The DJI rep was certainly wrong in his assessment. I did write that to them and mentioned it in my "review." Hard to believe the man on the phone could not see that. Anyway, she flies fine, before and after, but I feel better knowing the brace is in the right place.

Reactions: Lastrexking
Eventually you'd end up with jello when the gimbal vibrates, image tilting, and possibly get stuck.

Glad you got it sorted.

I just received the Mini 2 as a gift. It seems so delicate that I'm afraid that I will break something by just handling it. Is the gimbal protector typically hard to get off and on? Should the inside of the cover touch the camera when it's on the drone? Thanks for your help.

I just received the Mini 2 as a gift. It seems so delicate that I'm afraid that I will break something by just handling it. Is the gimbal protector typically hard to get off and on? Should the inside of the cover touch the camera when it's on the drone? Thanks for your help.
Not typically. Make sure the two little HOOKS on the cover are at the top of the drone and the two latches are toward the bottom.

I noticed this too after I crashed my Mini 2 (top tip: make sure you have your joysticks screwed on BEFORE you take off!). The drone appears to have survived flying into the side of my house and dropping one story while I was trying to screw my joysticks in place, but the gimballed camera popped out of its mounting. This is when I saw the goofy positioning of the tethers.

Like others, I gently removed one and pressed it back on to that they go into the holes on both sides.

My hypothesis: these things are built in (Chinese?) factories by overworked and underpaid people. I can't help but wonder if some just attach one side and call it good to increase their production?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom