DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Lucky Close Call

Gunfighter420

Reactions
Got up early one morning to fly the harbor shopping area when there's really nobody around. Weather was clear, little unstable with about 20 knot winds over the water. You can tell by the waves. At the 55 second mark I was flying VLOS and not looking at my screen as I was walking at the same time keeping my eye on the Mini 2 and making sure pedestrians weren't around. I was about 30 yards away from the drone. As you can see I was clearly high enough to clear the top guard rail but I guess there was a small downdraft and pushed her down a little then I saw the top of the guard go over the top of my Mini 2 and flew right through! After I was done I passed the drone by hand between the top guard rail and the next wire below it and there was only about 1/4" inch clearance! The Mini 2 would have surely took a drink if I hit the rail. As I was editing the video I had to keep that in the clip but faded to the next scene right after because after it passed through I was approaching the rail on the other side still keeping forward stick steady and abruptly pushed up on the left stick so I wouldn't hit the 2nd rail on the other side. Anyway you can see the clip below. Lol! You'll have to manually bump the resolution up bottom right corner.

Lucky escape! Video is seriously overexposed. Whites are all blown out. Were you using manual exposure, or did Auto Exposure do that?

Lucky escape! Video is seriously overexposed. Whites are all blown out. Were you using manual exposure, or did Auto Exposure do that?
I always use manual exposure. It was fine on the original footage but when I color graded on adobe premier I set the exposure up too high

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147