DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Models and Hardware Differences

Cai

Reactions
Hey all,

I was wondering will the Mini 2 come in two different models similarly to the original Mavic mini? As I know the Mavic mini came in two different models depending on which country you bought it from, Model MT1SS5 (FCC) and Model MT1SD25 (CE), and the FCC model could fly further than the CE model due to hardware differences, therefore if you bought the CE model and took it to an FCC area, it wouldn't fly as far as the FCC model. I was wondering will this also be the case for the Mini 2? As I noticed that on the Mavic Mini specs page it mentions the two different models, but on the Mini 2 specs page it doesn't mention any models, leading me to suspect there might only be one model, and the transmission power will change based on the country you're in.

What do you guys think?

1 model like all of DJI ocusync drones!

1 model like all of DJI ocusync drones!
Does that mean that I could buy the CE version here in Ireland and somehow trick it into allowing me to fly max transmission range of 10km like the FCC can ?

Thanks!

Does that mean that I could buy the CE version here in Ireland and somehow trick it into allowing me to fly max transmission range of 10km like the FCC can ?

Thanks!
Like Lajser mentioned, there is only one model. The FCC and CE modes are dictated by the software and the area you are in. As the new MM2 has ocusync you will get much better range in a CE area than what the MM1 gets. There are many YouTube clips out there now showing that..

Regarding the "trick" like the FCC hack, DJI put a stop to that after the Fly app 1.1.2 for users of Android phones. For the IOS fans there are several people making fixes that you can get online.

Actually part of the hardware issue with the MM1 was the band it could operate on. FCC version didn't have provision for 2.4Ghz band.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fotcs