DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 near flyaway

Jimbo704

Reactions
My brand new mini 2 flew perfect with the quick start . Next day I upgraded firmware and flew it perfectly until I turn on the video it then off away from me and increased altitude to 400ft Rth did nothing from the controller but rth on my phone brought it back. Can I some how re load the firmware or delete the app and start over. I think I may have had an internet interruption while downloading firmware

Reactions: Gagey52
If you download the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) to your desktop (you may have already) and hook the MM2/controller up to the desktop you can reload the software through the Assistant.

Last edited:
If you go to
DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
you will find instructions on how to retrieve the flight log and upload it to that site.
If you do that then post the link to the resulting page here and the reason for the drone's behaviour may be discovered.

And sorry Jimbo I should have said MM2 Controller, here is a screen shot of the DJI assistant.

update.jpg

Reactions: Jimbo704
Any one flying should be using AirData for a copy of their flights.
Why?
Saving your logs to media in your possession is not difficult (3000+ backed up here) and keeps them out of the hands of others.

Besides, for the purposes of other people analysing someone else's logs, the output from Phantomhelp i.e. the csv, is generally much more useful than the csv from Airdata.

Admittedly there are a few bits of information available on the Airdata website that Phantomhelp does not provide ( I find this with encrypted Fly app logs * ) but, in general, those bits are not 'vital' to the analysis of a log and some of them are for paying customers only.

If of concern, I think you may find that any logs uploaded to Airdata are shared with DJI. I do not know if the same thing happens with Phantomhelp.

* For Go, Go4 and unencrypted Fly App flight logs there is no need to use either Phantomhelp or Airdata to analyse logs, CsvView and DatCon do a perfectly good job. If you are only interested in csv's of the .txt flight logs then the appropriate version of TXTlogToCSVtool works perfectly well on those Go, Go4 and unencrypted Fly App .txt flight logs.

Why?
Saving your logs to media in your possession is not difficult (3000+ backed up here) and keeps them out of the hands of others.

Besides, for the purposes of other people analysing someone else's logs, the output from Phantomhelp i.e. the csv, is generally much more useful than the csv from Airdata.

Admittedly there are a few bits of information available on the Airdata website that Phantomhelp does not provide ( I find this with encrypted Fly app logs * ) but, in general, those bits are not 'vital' to the analysis of a log and some of them are for paying customers only.

If of concern, I think you may find that any logs uploaded to Airdata are shared with DJI. I do not know if the same thing happens with Phantomhelp.

* For Go, Go4 and unencrypted Fly App flight logs there is no need to use either Phantomhelp or Airdata to analyse logs, CsvView and DatCon do a perfectly good job. If you are only interested in csv's of the .txt flight logs then the appropriate version of TXTlogToCSVtool works perfectly well on those Go, Go4 and unencrypted Fly App .txt flight logs.
Agreed, flight logs are always available if you know where to look.
Regards

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki