DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 payload detected problem

mini2flyer

Premium Pilot
Reactions
So I installed the Master Airscrew Stealth propellers on my mini 2 and nearly every flight it says there is a payload detected and then limits my top speed and flying distance. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I seem to remember seeing this in the past.
Try the stock props and see if the message goes away. If the message disappears, so should the MAS stuff.

it goes into that mode ,because the IMU ,detects a different response from the ESC's because of the MAS props

I seem to remember seeing this in the past.
Try the stock props and see if the message goes away. If the message disappears, so should the MAS stuff.
I have switched back and forth a couple times now and it only happens with the MAS propellers so they seem to be the problem. Still not sure why

@mini2flyer its to do with the preprogramed responses that control the whole flight envelope
the ESC's control each ,pair of corresponding motors ( CCW or CW ) by constantly altering the speed of them ,and if the amount of thrust that each motor gives ,is different to what it expects ,then it thinks that something different has been added to the drone ,in your case the MAS props , so it then goes into the restricted flight envelope ,the payload mode ,these subtle speed changes are being constantly monitored while the drone is in flight ,and they are what give warnings ,such as high wind warnings, payload , etc, anything outside of the normal flight parameters will result in a warning being displayed

@Yorkshire_Pud you are correct ,i was trying to illustrate the fact that the drones two prop directions are what keeps it in the air ,but when it comes to making a maneuver such as yawing ,then the CWW or CW pair of props work in unison to enable the drone to turn ,and that is true of any directional motion

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Ok thanks everyone for the info. I will try turning off the payload mode and if the problem persists or there is (strong wind detected) in a calm environment, I will switch back to the DJI propellers.

Reactions: old man mavic
That's strange.
I've used MAS Props on my Mini 2, as well as a set of Quick-Release Triple Blade Propellers, with their own Motor Caps, and, my Payload Mode never engaged from the aftermarket propellers. It only engaged when I added landing gear, prop guards, or heavier accessories.
The Triple Props added more weight than the MAS Props did, and, they slowed the Motors' RPMs, as well. If any Propellers were gonna cause it to engage, it seems like it would have been those, but nothing happened.
I think that maybe your Mini 2 has an overly sensitive Payload Mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer