DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 raw image

ATP

Reactions
Hello all,
Just had my first day out with the Mini 2, downloaded the contents of the SD card.
I wanted to check out the “Raw” image aspect but could only see the JPG image.
Where do I get to find the “Raw” file?

It should be in the same place, assuming you changed the camera settings to JPG+Raw.
If you try to view the Raw file with a regular photo viewer, it's going to display the embedded low resolution JPEG thumbnail.

Are you using a PC or Mac ?
The photo viewer on my Windows 10 opens RAW files.
To edit them you will require a program with the capability, you can get the free Darktable HERE

Reactions: RMS001
To edit them you will require a program with the capability, you can get the free Darktable HERE
Hi, I downloaded the SD card to a Windows 10 pc.
DanMan32 said to set the DJI fly software to JPG+Raw, I cannot find that setting in the DJI app.
I am currently using “Shotcut” to edit but I will have a look at “Darktable”.

Photo Viewer would only be showing you the embedded thumbnail. You can verify that by viewing the image details which would show the thumbnail resolution.

Thanks, that helped, I had to change to photo mode to get to that Menu.
I would have thought the selection would be a continuation of the Camera section, I don’t think like these new day programmers.

Before you have to change settings to jpeg+raw (... icon) after that you’ll be able to download the raw format pics

Take a look at just past 13 ½ minutes for settings.

Hi Cyborg and to you all :)
I have DJI mini 2, with DJI Fly app version 1.4.8 Android
Trying to setup Camera with option JPG + RAW, however this option is not displayed. Only Size is displayed.
Please advice.
Grz Ronald

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-09-03 at 14.17.42.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-03 at 14.17.42.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 13
did u enable raw in settings. otherwise it should be in same folder right to the jpeg file.

Thanks, that helped, I had to change to photo mode to get to that Menu.
I would have thought the selection would be a continuation of the Camera section, I don’t think like these new day programmers.
The biggest problem with many user interfaces is that they were designed by programmers -- and I'm including many that I designed myself. Apparently, things that "make sense" to us programmers often aren't at all how real users look at the application, and it's generally because we're organizing our view of the problem from the perspective of how to code it. Designing a good user interface is not in my skill set, nor that of most programmers I've known; it's a specialty in its own right.

Reactions: merak75
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura