DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 RTH sideways

Me262

Reactions
Is this normal behavior? Quite often if I RTH, I can see the drone returning sideways. Meaning it won't fully rotate facing me, then start coming home, it will rotate 90º, stop, then start flying back home, basically flying sideways (flight left, or right, depending).

I don't see anything wrong with it IMO, and it can reduce the time to RTH (since it doesn't have to rotate fully to face the RTH location), but the mini 1 always rotated to fully face the RTH point, then start flying back.

Is this normal behavior? Quite often if I RTH, I can see the drone returning sideways. Meaning it won't fully rotate facing me, then start coming home, it will rotate 90º, stop, then start flying back home, basically flying sideways (flight left, or right, depending).

I don't see anything wrong with it IMO, and it can reduce the time to RTH (since it doesn't have to rotate fully to face the RTH location), but the mini 1 always rotated to fully face the RTH point, then start flying back.
that's normal now with the last update, you can fly direct towards you or use the left stick to turn it sideways if you wish

Reactions: NG Wildman

In the past, it was always annoying when the lost signal RTH would quickly rotate the drone orientation towards home, before it ascended to the chosen RTH height to restore signal and avoid obstructions. That ruined the video before signal restoration, forcing one to rotate it back in the intended direction, to continue on at the higher altitude with a stronger signal. Sounds like it no longer does that. That's a good thing IMHO.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18