DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Sample 4K Footage Chicago

AtortPhotography

Reactions
Some footage today and some altitude testing at 1000' and really had gimbal issues in every mode that high when flying sideways....would just tilt really badly like the sport mode issue but in normal mode. I think just too extreme for the little guy even though the Mini 2 can handle. The footage is pretty darn remarkable though for something so small!

Some footage today and some altitude testing at 1000' 400 and really had gimbal issues in every mode that high when flying sideways....would just tilt really badly like the sport mode issue but in normal mode. I think just too extreme for the little guy even though the Mini 2 can handle. The footage is pretty darn remarkable though for something so small!

really nice video. Are you using ND filters? witch one?

Battling the winds in The Windy City. It'll be interesting to hear from other Mini 2 owners, regarding gimbal stability and general flight characteristics under gusty conditions. Superb video nonetheless.
If I could have actually flown the way I wanted up by the Hancock without the gimbal TOTALLY messing up I would have had my best footage of the video...but the gimbal kept messing up so basically never happened. I am talking to DJI now and submitted footage for them to review and look at. The drone can handle for sure never felt like it was out of control just gimbal was.

NO filters just a little color grading is all. Do they even have them for the Mini 2 yet or are they the same as the Mini 1?
That was my question, because you archive a very nice colors having the sun in front of you. I was thinking you only can archive this with ND filters but you did a nice color correction in your editing.

Reactions: AtortPhotography
Minute 1:40 almost looks like HDR

Minute 1:40 almost looks like HDR
I was pretty blown away honestly by the footage. This was the first time flying today so did a lot of testing. If you guys on YouTube please like the video and subscribe too really is appreciated. Thanks!

I was pretty blown away honestly by the footage. This was the first time flying today so did a lot of testing. If you guys on YouTube please like the video and subscribe too really is appreciated. Thanks!
Done !!!

• Love
That gimbal issue is a hardware specs mismatch. The drone can tilt up to 40deg to fight wind in S and N modes. The gimbal mechanical limits are 35deg in roll, and forward (gimbal panning up). DJI won't be able to fix that in firmware updates.

• Sad
That gimbal issue is a hardware specs mismatch. The drone can tilt up to 40deg to fight wind in S and N modes. The gimbal mechanical limits are 35deg in roll, and forward (gimbal panning up). DJI won't be able to fix that in firmware updates.
So what is needed to be done to resolve this? Sending the drones back in?

Erm, get a different drone, maybe. The MA2 and the MP2s have a lot more gimbal travel so hence don't suffer from this problem.

I think cine mode on the Mini2 limits the tilt to 25deg. The gimbal can handle that ok, so you could limit filming to C mode only

Erm, get a different drone, maybe. The MA2 and the MP2s have a lot more gimbal travel so hence don't suffer from this problem.

I think cine mode on the Mini2 limits the tilt to 25deg. The gimbal can handle that ok, so you could limit filming to C mode only
I think I tried that today when I was high and nothing was working with the winds and altitude. I have to see what DJI says too and test more. There is always something with these new drones huh!

How is it that your flying 1,000?
With a 107 you can fly 400 feet above the tallest structure legally 400' above the building and within a 400' perimeter of the building. If I didn't have my 107 then that would be another story. This may help clarify it a bit. Can I Fly My Drone Above 400 Feet? Understanding the Altitude Limit - Pilot Institute

I think there is always some confusion with this. If there was a LAANC authorization needed that would be different too or a TFR or something in place. “The altitude of the small unmanned aircraft cannot be higher than 400 feet above ground level unless the small unmanned aircraft is (1) flown within a 400-foot radius of a structure, and (2) does not fly higher than 400 feet above the structure’s immediate uppermost limit.”

This remained me never say, "This is my last fly"

• Haha
Reactions: djitigger
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661