DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 stays can we use Mini 3 parts?

Cpadrutt

Reactions
Does anyone think any of the parts from the Mini 3 will work on Mini 2? Can't afford a new drone but would love to "upgrade" if possible when new parts are needed. Can't be the only Mini 2 pilot with this thought. Do you think Dji purposely "redesigned" any parts on Mini 3 that could be used by the Mini 2?

• Wow
Reactions: EliteBleader
The Mini 3 body looks different. The front arms lack pylons and the hull body seems to sit lower/flatter on the ground in "leaked" pictures I've seen. Based on that, I'll guess there will be very little or no interchangeability of body parts. For other parts, I think DJI will minimize or eliminate interchangeability. Extending interchangeability or compatibility of parts and components doesn't seem to be on the DJI list of corporate objectives.

Compare the Mavi Mini and the Mini 2, what is common bewteen those two
main shell? NO (different battery housing),
batteries? NOT really, though you can use MM batteries in a Mini 2 but not vice versa
props? which would be a real advantage? NO different screw threads, pivot heights and diameter.
Controller? No
Top shell? maybe
bottom shell and heat sink? maybe
Main ciruit board? No
Top circuit board? Probably not.
Arms without motors? Certainly no for the fronts and possibly no for the rears and
Motors? probably not, I seem to remember they had been reworked for the Mini 2

And those drones are externally nearly identical.
If what we have been shown of of the Mini 3 is true, nothing in it is from the earlier minis, I haven't looked at the controller.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque and Cpadrutt
what reason,would DJI have to make any of the Mini 3parts fit in a Mini,2 or original Mini
none whatsoever ,they are in the business of making drones ,that are continually evolving

Someone is probably going to test fit the props from the 3 on the 2.
I'm looking forward to see the test. (even if I don't think it will work, as the mini 2 probably will get an error Code, as they are longer and make more thrust, i Imagine)
I'll wait and see

Someone is probably going to test fit the props from the 3 on the 2.
I'm looking forward to see the test. (even if I don't think it will work, as the mini 2 probably will get an error Code, as they are longer and make more thrust, i Imagine)
I'll wait and see
I'd be surpised if they didn't hit the mini's body, especially the rears.

Reactions: old man mavic
The RC-N1 controller the Mini 2 uses is the only thing that works with the Mini 3. Nothing else is cross compatible, its an entire redesign of the drone from top to bottom.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ldh02111