DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 v Air 1 - photos

DaveLewin

Reactions
Had the Air (now sold), thinking of getting the Mini 2 (mostly because I want the freedom a <250g drone for video)...but what is the *camera* like for photos vs the Air? Thoughts welcome thanks.

I sold my 3 year old air and got the mini2, not found much difference as yet with photos or videos but still early days, at least I can fly from my back door now. Very happy with the mini 2 for the amount of flying I do. My videos are on YouTube under don browning if you want to see the difference in the videos anyway.

Reactions: DaveLewin
I sold my 3 year old air and got the mini2, not found much difference as yet with photos or videos but still early days, at least I can fly from my back door now. Very happy with the mini 2 for the amount of flying I do. My videos are on YouTube under don browning if you want to see the difference in the videos anyway.

Checked out your videos - pretty cool, nice work. I did think the mini 2 one was better quality than those you shot with the air, but might just be me.
Looking forward to getting my hands on one (I also have an M2P, but even with an A2CofC I can't do the things I want to).

Reactions: Dbez1 and Donb1
Checked out your videos - pretty cool, nice work. I did think the mini 2 one was better quality than those you shot with the air, but might just be me.
Looking forward to getting my hands on one (I also have an M2P, but even with an A2CofC I can't do the things I want to).
Still learning with the mini2 even after a couple of years with the air. The latest firmware is working fine for me, the only issue I ever had was a cpu overload with my iPad mini4 so sold that too and got a iPad mini5 which sorted it. Enjoy.

I’ve never owned the original Air. I have the Mavic Pro 1 and the Mini 2. I love my MP, been in love with it since they hit the market. But there’s something to be said for a drone with the weight, size and price point of the Mini 2. I can throw the drone and the controller in my backpack and it barely added bulk, and no distinguishable weight difference. It’s quickly becoming my go to. I’m not a professional photographer or videographer so the quality of pics and video is as good as I’ll need. I’m so happy that DJI gave this little guy Occusync 2. The range really good on it too.

We've only had (and still use) the Phantom 4 Pro Plus, which is superb. But we also got the Mini 2 in late December - solely for pro work - on those assignments when we have to travel ultra light. We've had some excellent results with it during our exhaustive testing. The camera is capable of taking excellent stills as well as video. There are obviously a few limitations when compared to the P4P+, but you can easily work around them playing to the strengths of the Mini 2. We have no regrets whatsoever.

I am always suprised about how good the photos are that come out of the Mini 1. That being said by someone who had the original Mavic Pro, the Mavic 2 Pro, the Spark and the Mini. I made wonderful pictures into the rising sun and other difficult lighting situations, and the Mini never disappointed. I'd say if the Mini 2 is anything like that or better, you're going to really enjoy it.

Had the Air (now sold), thinking of getting the Mini 2 (mostly because I want the freedom a <250g drone for video)...but what is the *camera* like for photos vs the Air? Thoughts welcome thanks.
I believe the only thing you gain by having a sub 250 gram drone is the registration, you still have to abide by all the FAA rules, sorry assuming you're in the USA

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife