DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 v Mini 4 Pro - main differences, please?

Buel

Reactions
Hi all.
As above, does anyone have a link to a reputable comparison on just how much better the 4 Pro is v the Mini2 or even 3, please?

Right off the bat, the first four things that come to mind for me are:
1.Mini 4 has better range with the O4 transmission.
2.Mini 4 has better battery life
3.Mini 4 does better in windy conditions
4.Mini 4 turns out a lot better video clips

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Buel and AeroJ
Here is one on Mini 3 vs mini 4:

And a page on DJI where you can select 3 drones and compare features:

The mini 4 is an evolution over the mini 3 - the biggest change is omnidirectional obstacle avoidance instead of front back, and down on the mini 3 pro (and none on the regular 3 and mini 2). It also has O4 transmission technology which extends the range and improves the quality of the controller feedback. There are a bunch of other things as well depending on what your interests are. I have a mini 3 pro and am happy with it. The 4 isn't enough of an upgrade to make me want to replace it.

To me a drone is a flying camera.
Considering only that, the most significant change for me is that the camera can be tilted into portrait mode which is desirable from my point of view and a big plus in comparison with the mini 2.

Hi all.
As above, does anyone have a link to a reputable comparison on just how much better the 4 Pro is v the Mini2 or even 3, please?
The camera is the key component. The mini 4 uses a slightly different/upgraded sensor compared to the mini 3. The O/A is not as flakey as in previous drones, but still isn't foolproof... so there's a warning. The difference between the 3 and the 4 is a slight evolution - minimal. The mini 3 pro is a paradigm shift from the mini 2.

The mini 2 is the cheapest, but still a capable drone for it's size. The mini 3 pro is cheaper than the 4. The 'improvements' with the 4 don't really warrant the highest price tag (my own opinion).

The mini 3 pro kicks out very good quality stills that *look* just as good as those from the 20mp DSLR I use. It also has a higher write rate than the 2, which is good for 4K video capture... as long as you put a fast write-rate microSD card in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Mini 4 has hyperlapse mode, not found on the mini 2, I love hyperlapses they look cool.
Also it has the active track function which works brilliant.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xtoro101