DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 wont connect

float

Reactions
I have a mini 2 and the controller and drone are both charged. I downloaded the DJI fly ap, know as the DJI Pilot ap on my phone. I get the basics of the ap but also an aircraft disconnected notice. There is one you tube video that says to go to the menu, the go to controls and hit something to establish a connection but I cannot get to the menu that has those options. Do I need to download a different ap? This is a little frustrating and I would hire a pro to get me flying if someone was in that business, I just dont know what to do next. Thanks in advance if anyone posts. I am totally new to this sport.

Whilst the correct app is the Fly App as above you can connect the drone and controller WITHOUT the phone being connected to the controller.
See
from around 1:04 onwards

I have a mini 2 and the controller and drone are both charged. I downloaded the DJI fly ap, know as the DJI Pilot ap on my phone. I get the basics of the ap but also an aircraft disconnected notice. There is one you tube video that says to go to the menu, the go to controls and hit something to establish a connection but I cannot get to the menu that has those options. Do I need to download a different ap? This is a little frustrating and I would hire a pro to get me flying if someone was in that business, I just dont know what to do next. Thanks in advance if anyone posts. I am totally new to this sport.
You need FlyApp from the DJI website for an Android device. Are you also starting both the RC and drone correctly - as there is a sequence of button pushes to get it started right?

Also may depend in your phone if it is DJI approved or will work with FlyApp.

Me too, am totally lost and cannot find the connect option in the menu. Have downloaded the app from the app store and off the DJI site... No joy. Have followed vids to connect 'directly' but still no good. Frankly I despair.

Whilst the correct app is the Fly App as above you can connect the drone and controller WITHOUT the phone being connected to the controller.
See
from around 1:04 onwards
worked for me

To be positive you have the Mini 2 and not some other DJI mini version confirm it with this picture. It says MINI 2 on the arm of the drone.

218804DE-116D-4100-AC4A-FC3A37A34F07.jpeg

I’m not sure if you have this sorted and are happily flying. In the event you are still stuck here is a link that will take you to a good starting point.

You can get the “correct” phone application for the Mini 2 by selecting either Apple or Android depending on your phone type.

You can also access the latest versions of documentation.

Are you connecting the USB C cable at the top of the remote under the antenna or on the bottom of the remote?

Hi! I have Mini 2 for 10 days and 2 hours flight. During last fly the pic suddently freeze, large RGB strippes appear... Back safely home. Then since, when turning on RC, drone and app: I have the message: RC not connected. Change the C cable for a brand new C cable: same problem... and no access to the app with the RC, noway to connect manually and... black screen despite the camera is on. I can use the RC to fly but without the phone. Someone can help me???? Thanks

Last edited:
Are you connecting the USB C cable at the top of the remote under the antenna or on the bottom of the remote?
It seems to me that the USB C socket at the bottom is only connected to the RC battery to charge it. The phone must be connected to the socket under the antennas. I tried both because a problem of RC connection to phone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy