DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Yaw & Pitch control setup unresponsive

Adrian-Harris

Reactions
Hello Everyone. I am a newbie of 2 weeks and have been learning by taking it slowly and in small steps. I finally reached the stage where I wanted to try and get smooth panning with my Mini 2 video and was thrilled to learn I could adjust all the control parameters to achieve this. Sadly many adjustments can not be made until the drone is flying, so in my back garden I launched it to a height of around 2 metres and tried to make adjustments.

So what went wrong here:
In Cini mode I adjusted the Yaw, Pitch, start and stop speed, and everything else, etc. But on testing nothing changed!
To ensure I was in the right modes I also changed settings in Standard and Sport mode. Disappointingly no behaviour was affected.
I then rebooted the controller, drone and phone, and still no changes were detected.
Before packing up I then flew the drone up to about 30 metres and about 20 metres away, it behaved exactly as it always had.
Then very strangely as I brought it back to me it started to react very slowly, the panning was smooth and I had a little overshoot, which was exactly as I had hoped it would do when I earlier made the adjustments, but no changes happened until I had taken it for this little flight.
Afterwards I was able to make proper control adjustments and each time I did it behaved correspondingly - which is great, but now of course I don't trust it!

So my questions are:
1) Why would adjusting the control settings earlier when it was hovering at 2 metres have no affect at all?
2) Why should it suddenly be okay now after a very short flight away?
3) Dare I trust it to fly in a tight environment?

All advice very much appreciated.

Once you get it in the air you should be able to make the adjustments. In fact you don't even need to be in the air, just drone and controller fired up and ready to fly.

I would recommend CALLING DJI and getting some support help. It may be as simple as refreshing the firmware. But if you get their help and they find something else, they can help you facilitate and exchange.

Once you get it in the air you should be able to make the adjustments. In fact you don't even need to be in the air, just drone and controller fired up and ready to fly.

I would recommend CALLING DJI and getting some support help. It may be as simple as refreshing the firmware. But if you get their help and they find something else, they can help you facilitate and exchange.
I will. Thank you for that advice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78