DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 51 minute flight time?

Agreed and I live by that but I honestly can't expect others to do the same especially where the risk is negligible (i.e. there are no people on board). BTW, I don't know this but do cargo aircraft calculate the same?
Yes, regs require a reserve and an alternate airport.

Unlike a tiny drone, all GA aircraft prent an enormous risk to the general population should something go wrong, whether carrying several hundred people or just a pilot and copilot.

Whether a 747 or a Cessna 152. Consider that the latter is a flying bomb when fuel tanks are full. A 152 can do a lot of damage and kill people crashing into a mall.

Reactions: mavic3usa
Never had a problem in over a decade of DJI drones.
Yeah, well... It might be like the old saying about there being two kinds of pilots of retractable gear aircraft: those who have landed with the gear up and those who are going to land with the gear up.

I was a general aviation pilot for a number of years and I always took my fuel planning very seriously. I've just carried that mindset over into my operation of drones. IMHO operating your drone in a manner that isn't "reckless and negligent" (as per CAR 900.06) includes making sure that it doesn't fall out of the sky in an uncontrolled manner, even if it is cheap to replace.

That's my attitude, but of course I know that it's different strokes for different folks and I don't take any personal offense at those who choose otherwise.

Last edited:
Yeah, well... It might be like the old saying about there being two kinds of pilots of retractable gear aircraft: those who have landed with the gear up and those who are going to land with the gear up.

I was a general aviation pilot for a number of years and I always took my fuel planning very seriously.

Me too, in the 80s and 90s. Long since lapsed.

I took fuel planning and everything else very seriously. My life depended on it.

I've just carried that mindset over into my operation of drones. IMHO operating your drone in a manner that isn't "reckless and negligent" (as per CAR 900.06) includes making sure that it doesn't fall out of the sky in an uncontrolled manner, even if it is cheap to replace.

It doesn't. At least DJI drones don't unless they're defective... Do you have one, or a different model without the critical battery, forced landing behavior?

In any case, ignoring the abundant warnings and attempt by the drone to return was not what I talked about above.

That's my attitude, but of course I know that it's different strokes for different folks and I don't take any personal offense at those who choose otherwise.

And there's nothing wrong with your efforts. I just claim they're unnecessary and burdensome with a DJI drone. It's doing all that for you already, and after many years of refinement and improvement, it's pretty darn good. I'd say better than you and I can calculate.

My only purpose in addressing this is hoping you might chill a bit and trade some busywork for funtime.

Lawsuits in the U.S, going for the big bucks I see
Oh yeah...

The 10 Most Ridiculous Lawsuits Of 2013

52b8a0fe6da8114806759577

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member