DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Full Specs Wind Speed Rating Is The Same As The Air 2

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions

Max is 23.6 MPH which is very close to what the air2 and air2s listed...

Be interested to see how this holds up in reviews, trying to decide between buying an air2s or this... lol

DJI Mini 3 Pro drone leaked specs​

Drone​

Maximum speed 16 m/s (S mode) – 10 m/s (N Mode) – 6 m/s (C Mode)

Maximum flying height 4000 meters

Maximum flight time 34 minutes (standard battery)

Maximum flight distance 18 km

Maximum wind resistance 29 to 38 km/h (level 5)

Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac

Bluetooth 5.2

Operating temperature 0 to 40°C

Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) GPS + Galileo + BeiDou

Camera​

Sensor 1/1.3″ CMOS / Effective pixels: 48 MP

Lens FOV: 82.1°/ Equivalent format: 24 mm | Aperture: f/1.7 / Range: from 1 m to ∞

Video 4K/2.7K/FHD / Slow Motion: 1920 x 1080

QuickShot Dronie, Rocket, Circle, Spiral, Asteroid, Boomerang

Video Transmission​

Video transmission system DJI O3

Live preview quality 1080p at 30fps

Operating frequency 2.400 to 2.4835GHz | 5.725 to 5.850GHz

Transmitter Power 2.4GHz

Latency Aircraft + remote control 120 m/s (approximate)

Range with signal interference strong → about 1.5 to 3 km | medium → 3 to 7km | weak →7 to 12km

Antennas 4 antennas, 2T4R

Intelligent Flight Battery​

Capacity 2453mAh

Weight 80.5g

Voltage 7.38V

Battery type Li-ion

Charging time 64 mins

Rec. charger DJI 30W USB-C or other

DJI Mini 3 Pro drone package options​

Well, it certainly looks like DJI has outdone itself with the ultralight and compact Mini 3 Pro, which is also expected to offer tridirectional obstacle avoidance.

So no mastershots and no hyperlapse?

Also, what happened to that extended battery to allow it to fly past 34 mins but no longer under 249 grams?

And that site you linked above also mentions being able to buy the Pro 3 without a remote?

I'm just going to throw a couple things out there...
There needs to be some clarity here. What the data shows, if proven to be correct, the Mini 3 will have the same power resources as the Mini2. Same controller if you exempt the new new smart controller. What the Smart controller offers seems to be nothing more than a built in screen, but with the same control array as the standard controller.

To keep some of this in perspective, not yet referencing the M3, but as a baseline comparison in terms of power and speed, the maximum speed, sans wind, of the Mavic 2 Pro is 44.7mph/72kph/20ms

The Mini 3 pro can be an exciting upgrade from a Mini 2. Tests may show it rivals the Air2s in image quality and is genuinely a big leap for obstacle detection. But in terms of flight characteristics I think it is still in the Mini 2 league. That may or may not be important to pilots.

As a tangential side note, I've been testing my Mini 2 and M2P for their handling characteristics, and can with unequivocation say that the fine handling and responsiveness of the M2P is far better than the Mini 2. Not that the Mini 2 handles poorly, but in my hands there is quite a difference in response, and finesse of the controls between these two drones. Is the difference in the drone or the controller or a combination?

the maximum speed, sans wind, of the Mavic 2 Pro is 44.7mph/72kph/20ms
for good or bad the M2P weighs 900g, which while heavier would tend to be more stable in high wind.

Air2S speed specs

1651604572426.png

Mini 3 speed specs
1651604608043.png

Mini 2 Speed Specs
1651604786971.png

Reactions: VenomXts
It's a pretty balanced upgrade over the Mini 2, which itself was a dramatic improvement over the Mini 1 with OcuSync 2.0, 4K30, and better wind resistance.

The 3 Pro features a new sensor which improves low light photos and videos.
Obstacle sensors forward and rearward.
4K60.

I'm curious why they called it the Pro and what exactly makes it Pro?

Where's the longer battery and supposed ability to shoot hyperlapses?

Looks like same speed/wind spec as for Mini 2...
Which aren't much different from wind resistance of Air 2S on paper, except that it does far better than Mini 2 in reality:

Anyway max 250 gram limit is no doubt going to put damper on how much spare motor power Mini 3 can have.
There just arten't much any grams to throw around to something not absolutely necessary in that limit.

No point trying to engineer the Mini 3 Pro to the fullest extent they can with stronger motors and a collision avoidance system that is rendered moot by a paper thing shell.

Plus this is DJi. They are becoming very Apple like with drip upgrades between models while increasing the price.

Isnt the Beidou satellite the one thats giving some people issues with GPS on Mavic 3?
No-one (probably including DJI) knows what the cause of the Mavic 3's GPS problems is.
They've been trying to fix it for almost 5 months and it still isn't fixed.
It's not as simple as Beidou causing problems.
Beidou is a proven GNSS system and the GPS receiver in the M3 (the same as has been used by DJI for other drones) can receive signals from 4 different GNSS systems (but only 3 at a time).
If Beidou was the problem, the M3 is still using two other systems and anyway, swapping out Beidou would have been the first thing they would have tried.

It's a pretty balanced upgrade over the Mini 2, which itself was a dramatic improvement over the Mini 1 with OcuSync 2.0, 4K30, and better wind resistance.

The 3 Pro features a new sensor which improves low light photos and videos.
Obstacle sensors forward and rearward.
4K60.

I'm curious why they called it the Pro and what exactly makes it Pro?

Where's the longer battery and supposed ability to shoot hyperlapses?
To answer your question; maybe the new sensor, obstacle sensors and 4k60? I think you summed it up quite nicely!

I think the best way to compare the upgrade of the mini 3 pro in synopsis form is to evaluate what you get for what it costs.

While I could be wrong because it’s not been released yet, for the most part you get better image quality, sensors, for twice the price of the mini2. There will definitely be a market for it because of its weight, but in my mind if weight and size isn’t the objective, even though older I think the air2s is still a much better option and probably the best value for a DJI drone today. An Air2S FMC refurb is only $1100. A Mini 3 Pro will cost what????

Last edited:
I will certainly be waiting for the reviews from people I trust such as @vicvideopic

Reactions: VenomXts
Beidou is a proven GNSS system and the GPS receiver in the M3 (the same as has been used by DJI for other drones) can receive signals from 4 different GNSS systems (but only 3 at a time).
If Beidou was the problem, the M3 is still using two other systems and anyway, swapping out Beidou would have been the first thing they would have tried.
Having two other systems than GPS is likely what allows "GPS" mode flying for me with GPS jamming from Putinistan.
(and don't think China would like any jamming of Beidou at all)
People coming to nature photography course at last weekend said that GPS based navigators stopped working when coming here.

To answer your question; maybe the new sensor, obstacle sensors and 4k60? I think you summed it up quite nicely!
Whole camera is lot better and not just sensor.
Lens is about stop and half faster giving 200% more light to focal/image plane.

most dji drones are useless in the wind because you cannot move forward without the camera tilting down. Reviews will show how much more superior the 3pro is compared to the legacy designs

most dji drones are useless in the wind because you cannot move forward without the camera tilting down. Reviews will show how much more superior the 3pro is compared to the legacy designs
"most dji drones are useless in the wind because you cannot move forward without the camera tilting down"

Tiresome hyperbole. My real-world experience with four DJI drones says otherwise.

Sorry but Tony Northrop does this drone stuff for a living so I hope you understand why people trust him more

But what footage are you trying to capture while moving head first into the wind?

If you're storm chasing you would use a commercial grade drone.
Lack of visibility is an issue trying to go head first into rolling fog.

I see DJi as the new Apple. They don't release products that will cannibalize other products in their line up, especially those that are more expensive.

The iPad has been out for 10 years now and the Pro models sport the same processors as the Macbooks now yet Apple won't release a better iPadOS because it would kill the Macbook Air which is one of their most popular laptops to get people immersed into the eco-system.

I think its safe to say the Mini 3 Pro design has been in the pipelines well before the Mavic 3 launched.

The 90 degree vertical switch is actually a relic they pulled from the original Mavic Pro.

After the release of the spec sheet, its clear this is a mild bump and new body refresh from DJi.
Wind resistance is the same as the Mini 2 which was a dramatic improvement over the Mini 1.
Low light was an issue that plagued the Mini 2 so that has been improved with the new sensor.
And they added obstacle sensors so they can slap the "Pro" label on it.

At this point, I don't think hyperlapses or Mastershots are coming to this model which is fair given its position in the line up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada