DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Full Specs Wind Speed Rating Is The Same As The Air 2

"most dji drones are useless in the wind because you cannot move forward without the camera tilting down"

Tiresome hyperbole. My real-world experience with four DJI drones says otherwise.
Mine too.

Broad, general assertions are always false...

;-)

TCS

Except for oa, 4k and occusync 3. Do you think the mini 3 offers any real upgrades?
Having just gotten my DJI FPV, I can confidently say that Occusync 3 is a big step up from Occusync 2. At least if you want to go any distance away, and/or go places where you might get signal interference.

OA is conceptually interesting, but I've never had occasion to use it yet on the FPV.

I'm not sue about the 4K reference, since the Mini-2 has 4K vid...

Sorry but Tony Northrop does this drone stuff for a living so I hope you understand why people trust him more
Making no comment about Tony Northrup, who I neither know nor know of, the fact that somebody does something for a living doesn't mean they're any good at it.

I’m surprised at how many are talking about buying the Mini 3 immediately. With a major GPS issue still unresolved in the 6 month old Mavic 3, why would you jump into a Mini 3? Wait and see how it preforms.
6 months seems to be the sweet spot for purchasing following a release. And that's for DJI, Autel and Hubsan alike. I like others to have the headaches and frustration. Then sweep in a bit later and fly a nearly trouble-free aircraft away!!

It's a pretty balanced upgrade over the Mini 2, which itself was a dramatic improvement over the Mini 1 with OcuSync 2.0, 4K30, and better wind resistance.

The 3 Pro features a new sensor which improves low light photos and videos.
Obstacle sensors forward and rearward.
4K60.

I'm curious why they called it the Pro and what exactly makes it Pro?

Where's the longer battery and supposed ability to shoot hyperlapses?
It is a balanced upgrade, but once again the increase in price reminds me too much of what Apple does.

It is a balanced upgrade, but once again the increase in price reminds me too much of what Apple does.
Adding OA, doubling framerate, quadrupling low light capabilities, gimbal movement beyond mavic 3 even, image quality beyond air2s, flight time increase as well, navigation light

jup, a balanced upgrade. Though not as dramatic as mini 1 to mini 2

Adding OA, doubling framerate, quadrupling low light capabilities, gimbal movement beyond mavic 3 even, image quality beyond air2s, flight time increase as well, navigation light

jup, a balanced upgrade. Though not as dramatic as mini 1 to mini 2

Well, you've arrived at the point where your efforts at satire and your efforts at fact are indistinguishable.

Well, you've arrived at the point where your efforts at satire and your efforts at fact are indistinguishable.

It's a pretty balanced upgrade over the Mini 2, which itself was a dramatic improvement over the Mini 1 with OcuSync 2.0, 4K30, and better wind resistance.

The 3 Pro features a new sensor which improves low light photos and videos.
Obstacle sensors forward and rearward.
4K60.

I'm curious why they called it the Pro and what exactly makes it Pro?

Where's the longer battery and supposed ability to shoot hyperlapses?”

I'm just going to throw a couple things out there...
There needs to be some clarity here. What the data shows, if proven to be correct, the Mini 3 will have the same power resources as the Mini2. Same controller if you exempt the new new smart controller. What the Smart controller offers seems to be nothing more than a built in screen, but with the same control array as the standard controller.

To keep some of this in perspective, not yet referencing the M3, but as a baseline comparison in terms of power and speed, the maximum speed, sans wind, of the Mavic 2 Pro is 44.7mph/72kph/20ms

The Mini 3 pro can be an exciting upgrade from a Mini 2. Tests may show it rivals the Air2s in image quality and is genuinely a big leap for obstacle detection. But in terms of flight characteristics I think it is still in the Mini 2 league. That may or may not be important to pilots.

As a tangential side note, I've been testing my Mini 2 and M2P for their handling characteristics, and can with unequivocation say that the fine handling and responsiveness of the M2P is far better than the Mini 2. Not that the Mini 2 handles poorly, but in my hands there is quite a difference in response, and finesse of the controls between these two drones. Is the difference in the drone or the controller or a combination?

the maximum speed, sans wind, of the Mavic 2 Pro is 44.7mph/72kph/20ms
for good or bad the M2P weighs 900g, which while heavier would tend to be more stable in high wind.

Air2S speed specs

View attachment 147713

Mini 3 speed specs
View attachment 147714

Mini 2 Speed Specs
View attachment 147715
If there is an improvement over my Air 2 in camera quality for daytime still photos.
I am all in on the mini 3 pro.

once it does, other specs suddenly become more important:

-I really need 5.4k
-never will I fly without ADS-B
-the propellor noise makes it much easier to spot Air2s
-the lesser gimbal forces me to be more creative
-the auxiliary light is a lifesaver so I don’t fly without it
-really need that top speed even with the gimbal pointing down

DC rainmaker will show what wind resistance really means btw so I don’t that that argument would stand in favour of air2s but anyway, those will be the main arguments of people who just bought air2s

Are there any sound tests out yet? Darren's first flights make it seem extremely quiet.
mini3pro is less than half the weight of Air2S, the propeller surface to weight ratio is higher meaning less rotations to create the same upward force.

unless the design is purposefully bad, without even hearing it you already know it is more quiet than Air2S. More quiet than mini 2 as well, as it has the same weight but much bigger propellers.

thus expect less dB and a lowered pitched sound for the same speeds and hovering and so on

once it does, other specs suddenly become more important:

-I really need 5.4k
-never will I fly without ADS-B
-the propellor noise makes it much easier to spot Air2s
-the lesser gimbal forces me to be more creative
-the auxiliary light is a lifesaver so I don’t fly without it
-really need that top speed even with the gimbal pointing down

DC rainmaker will show what wind resistance really means btw so I don’t that that argument would stand in favour of air2s but anyway, those will be the main arguments of people who just bought air2s
This post is a taunt, and entirely unnecessary. It is simply obnoxious.

When you first appeared with Mini 3 claims and excitement, you could have generated a lot of excitement and good will with information. Doing so, however, requires civility, humility, friendliness, and a cooperative attitude interacting with others.

Instead, virtually every post sneers at other members like this one.

You've set an impression with me, which I suspect is shared by many others here.

This post is a taunt, and entirely unnecessary. It is simply obnoxious.

When you first appeared with Mini 3 claims and excitement, you could have generated a lot of excitement and good will with information. Doing so, however, requires civility, humility, friendliness, and a cooperative attitude interacting with others.

Instead, virtually every post sneers at other members like this one.

You've set an impression with me, which I suspect is shared by many others here.
I described a coping mechanism that manifests itself every single time something better comes out.

According to the likes of you; the mini 3 pro was never going to compete with Air2S on any level. It would be a nice small update to the mini 2. That was the general consensus. Every time I tried to explain something, an “expert“ would come in.

Aside from 1 poster today, nobody believed it would destroy air2s on practically every level, many still doubt it, because they cannot understand how a smaller more advanced sensor will produce better images. Or how the wind resistance enabled by the gimbal design will be revolutionary.
These doubters could only read paper specs and not even that most of the time.
And then they claim there expertise, which is in less than 24 hours from now, will be shown to be a complete joke. Sorry man but that’s just how it is

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: EliteBleader
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7