DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 or Air 2S

I think you should ask this again in at least 5 other categories on this forum until you get the answer you want to hear.

Reactions: CMartino
You can't really go wrong with the Air 2S, best bang-for-the-buck drone around as far as I'm concerned. The Mini 3 "Pro" might end up being more than the Air 2S in price, so unless you absolutely have to have a sub-250 gram drone, I can't really see any new features that would put the Mini 3 above the Air 2S.

You can't really go wrong with the Air 2S, best bang-for-the-buck drone around as far as I'm concerned. The Mini 3 "Pro" might end up being more than the Air 2S in price, so unless you absolutely have to have a sub-250 gram drone, I can't really see any new features that would put the Mini 3 above the Air 2S.
I'm not the OP but if I may jump in on this, you mentioned the sub 250h weight, and I have a questions about that.

I guess I got hung up on having a sub 250g drone purely for the fact it doesn't need to be registered. But really, if I went for an Air 2S and had to register it, does it restrict me in where I can fly in the USA (recreational pilot with basic SUAV TRUST Safety test completed), or is it in the same exact categories as the smaller Mini 2, except for the sole requirement to register with the FAA? Sorry for the noob question but my Google-fu is weak today and I guess I must be using the wrong search terms as I just can't find a definitive answer.

The DJI Mini 2 and original Mavic Mini are marketed worldwide as a sub-250g because most places put higher restrictions on any drone that could do fairly serious harm or injury due to its kinetic energy in flight. Here in the US it does not need to be registered due to its low weight. I don’t believe there are any places that you can’t fly either drone here, as FAA regulations control the entire airspace and it’s regardless of the weight of the UAV, and has mostly to do with Controlled Airspace and flight into, or close proximity to it, more than anything else.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Va1entin