DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro: Advise on recharge protocol after batteries sat in storage for 6 months?

Underwaterguy

Reactions
2 batteries in charger have 1 green light (of 4), 1 is has no green light at all. Looked for answer but didn't find one. What the best way to revive them, knowing that sitting for long periods is bad for the battery. (Discharge all to zero? Charge them up as is?) Thanks ~

Reactions: ecobeech
You can try the charger and see what you end up with. Don’t leave them in a place that can present a fire hazard to be safe. The one with no light may not take a charge. What you describe is not uncommon and unfortunately there is no magic wand to remedy this somewhat expensive lesson.

just put one battery at a time in the charging hub ,and see if the charging cycle starts ,if it does let it charge fully so the cells get balanced
make sure you have a minimum of a 30w output charger
and use the cable that came with the fly more kit the ones with one light should charge up ok
but the one with no lights may not do so

Did you try charging the batteries in the drone itself rather than the charging hub? If not, give that a go...
The battery is probably in hibernation mode, similar to when they are shipped.
Screenshot (89).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jam0ne
Curious how this happened... did you fly them down, then put them away without charging them? That's not good, but it wouldn't indicate any issue.

However, if the Mini3P 3x charger was discharging them, like a bug in the Mini 2 charge hub a while back, that would be something to note.

Thank you for all the helpful answers to my question. The "how did it happen" can be racked up to a crazy year with too many non-flying work projects and a surgery I've finally bounced back from.

Reactions: Dronecation
Thank you for all the helpful answers to my question. The "how did it happen" can be racked up to a crazy year with too many non-flying work projects and a surgery I've finally bounced back from.
Hope things are better!

FYI, unless you are OCD about every last possible minute of potential capacity life for your batteries, habitually recharge them as soon as possible after flight and then let the self-discharge take them down to storage level over the next week if you don't use them right away. They'll stay at that level a long time. (The OCD pilot charges them to 50-60%, then tops them up before flying, thereby extending their overall life by 3.67 flights 😁)

I have a Mavic Air 1 that I pulled out after several years of neglect recently. 2 of the 3 batteries were still 2 solid lights. One was dead and unrecoverable.

Last edited:
Reactions: umanbean
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_