DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro beats Air2S in both photo and video

This guys talking about problems in wind and lost his mini 3 pro:

I know it's easy to be an armchair critic, but every time I've had my drone struggling against a headwind the first thing I've done is switch to sports mode and bring it down as low as practical, in a forwards glide path. I notice the video carefully crops out the altitude and distance readouts (something to hide?), but it certainly looked like there was plenty of scope for dropping lower (eg at 1:51). Also, if pushing the last out of a battery I automatically start picking out sensible emergency landing spots to bail out on (eg somewhere accessible next to an easy to find landmark, smooth ground, away from long grass, water or other things that would make recovery difficult).

Also his theory about flying backwards to follow a downwards glide path isn't quite grasping the drone specs, aerodynamics and how wind affects the drone. The mini 3 has less available tilt in reverse (35deg vs 40deg forward) and hence less available forward thrust. This undoubtedly translates into a poorer ability to make headway into the wind if going backwards. The body is also at a slight angle to the props so it is more aerodynamic in forward flight (props pitched forward, body relatively neutral pitch). If caught out by the wind the best bet is to drop low and fly forwards in sports mode. If running low on battery or making no headway then scan around for an emergency landing spot.

I see some posts trying to state or suggest otherwise, which is normal, less than 24 hours ago the best DJI drone that is not the Mavic 3 was the Air2S, and now it isn’t anymore. “But the 1inch sensor??”, yes, it has a 1 inch sensor. A sensor can be as large as you want, a smaller more advanced sensor in a higher aperture, better lens will surpass it always. To me that is general knowledge but that is not what this thread is about. It is merely about the final results. The Air2S is still a good drone and it has advantages over the mini 3 pro. Image quality is not one of them though. See and read and see for yourself in this excellent review:

I know these facts go against current forum consensus, but we finally have to accept the inevitable new reality.
the Air2S is still an amazing drone. But if you want the best image quality both in video and photo in a DJI drone under 2000 dollar/euro, as of today, mini 3 PRO is the answer.
LMAO....tiny gust of wind and the lil toy will be gone.

I see some posts trying to state or suggest otherwise, which is normal, less than 24 hours ago the best DJI drone that is not the Mavic 3 was the Air2S, and now it isn’t anymore. “But the 1inch sensor??”, yes, it has a 1 inch sensor. A sensor can be as large as you want, a smaller more advanced sensor in a higher aperture, better lens will surpass it always. To me that is general knowledge but that is not what this thread is about. It is merely about the final results. The Air2S is still a good drone and it has advantages over the mini 3 pro. Image quality is not one of them though. See and read and see for yourself in this excellent review:

I know these facts go against current forum consensus, but we finally have to accept the inevitable new reality.
the Air2S is still an amazing drone. But if you want the best image quality both in video and photo in a DJI drone under 2000 dollar/euro, as of today, mini 3 PRO is the answer.
I'm constantly surprised that all DJI drone cameras return as high a quality as they do, seeing as they all have cheap plastic lenses, the only drone to buck that trend (to my knowledge) was the Autel Nano+... and the RYYB sensor behind that Leica glass shot a quality lens right in the foot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143