DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro FCC approval for US?

shorttimer

Reactions
Does anyone know for a fact that the Mini 3 Pro has even got the necessary approvals from the FCC? Seems strange vendors in other countries as well as customers in other countries have got it but there seems to be no shipments to the US. I've never seen this with any other drone release. Some countries sometimes get more product than others but they usually get shipped all over. Just seems strange to me but I am guessing with the large market here in the US there is a reason for no shipments coming to the US.

Thoughts?

This is a good question. Not sure why the EU got shipments before the US. They did ship units to a lot of YouTubers though so I would assume they have FCC approval.

Reactions: Torque
DJI filed application for Mini 3P on May 12, no info about approval

So if I understand this correctly, DJI announced the Mini 3 Pro on the 10th, took people's orders (and money) on the 10th and filed for the FCC approval 2 days later? Remember we're dealing with the government here.

Yes it's been approved by the FCC. People keep bringing this up but it has nothing to do with the delay.

OK, I'll give you the fact that it was submitted on May 11 AND approved by the FCC within 24hrs on May 12 which from personal experience with that process I find utterly remarkable but OK. Considering that was just 10 days ago now they have to label every item with FCC reg number as well as the boxes. That would certainly explain the delay. Hopefully they have lots of people able to do that. :) That includes boxes, controller, A/C and likely even batteries.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I can completely understand that. It is just that I have followed virtually all of DJI releases since the P3 and have never seen this. I can't believe they got FCC approval in 24 hrs, DJI must have the FCC in their back pocket. Doubt Elon Musk could get approval that fast. Unless the FCC has a standard service where you get the approval in 6-9 months normally and an expedited service if you pony up a big check you get it fast. Kind of like expedited service for passports. ;)

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I can completely understand that. It is just that I have followed virtually all of DJI releases since the P3 and have never seen this. I can't believe they got FCC approval in 24 hrs, DJI must have the FCC in their back pocket. Doubt Elon Musk could get approval that fast. Unless the FCC has a standard service where you get the approval in 6-9 months normally and an expedited service if you pony up a big check you get it fast. Kind of like expedited service for passports. ;)

Google: DJI AND US GOVERNMENT and you'll see how much "in the pocket" DJI is with the FCC. :eek:

FWIW it seems this is the remote. FCC granted on May 15th 1 week ago. Took them 3 days to grant.

Google: DJI AND US GOVERNMENT and you'll see how much "in the pocket" DJI is with the FCC. :eek:
No thanks... Everyone keeps telling me this is a family site.

The late filing may have had something to do with the delay. All we can tell is what we see but what we see is not necessarily what has happened. It could be there are some delays with customs as well. We just don't know but it's no unusual for one region of the world to get a jump start. For sure, America is not at the top of the list this time.

Reactions: CFWB
The late filing may have had something to do with the delay. All we can tell is what we see but what we see is not necessarily what has happened. It could be there are some delays with customs as well. We just don't know but it's no unusual for one region of the world to get a jump start. For sure, America is not at the top of the list this time.

For sure. They told me May 31 shipping and June 5 for the FMK shipping. I’m fine with that but don’t trust their chat support.

Reactions: RUFFSTUFF
I would rather have it debugged before the US gets it. I ordered mine 5/10 also I can wait maybe the other countries will get a jump on the issues . Good to hear FAA has cleared it. What is strange is they took the money out of Paypal account before they shipped. Never seen that before.

Reactions: Torque
I would rather have it debugged before the US gets it. I ordered mine 5/10 also I can wait maybe the other countries will get a jump on the issues . Good to hear FAA has cleared it. What is strange is they took the money out of Paypal account before they shipped. Never seen that before.
I doubt their doing debugging at this point. My PP was charged as well on 5/10.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom