DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro Fly More Battery Question

Papa72

Reactions
I got the Mini 3 Pro and the Fly More kit. When I pull out a battery from the three battery charger and use it, I'm not sure what to do when I am done with that battery. If I stick it back in the charger, it looks like all the batteries will be charged. The others might be headed to storage mode and I may not want to disturb that for now, but I hate to have to pull them out and leave just the one in for charging. Does anyone have a strategy for battery care?

When I pull out a battery from the three battery charger and use it, I'm not sure what to do when I am done with that battery.
Maintain it like this.

If I stick it back in the charger, it looks like all the batteries will be charged.
You shouldn't have the batteries connected to a charger unless you're trying to charge them.

Reactions: Richard R
@Papa72 have you numbered the batteries to tell them apart ,that way you can use them in sequence so as to even out the number of charges per battery
if you have 3 fully charged batteries in the charge hub and you only fly one of them its quite safe to put the partially discharged back into the hub for storage it wont do any harm to the other 2 in the hub ,then if you decide to fly some days later and you plug the charging brick into the hub ,it will charge up all three batteries if there is less than 96% charge remaining in any of the ones that have not been used ,and finally it will charge up the one with the least charge remaining
as @msinger said you dont leave the charging brick plugged into the hub once all the batteries are fully charged

Store the used battery however you like. But one word of warning; The temptation is to immediately recharge a battery after flight. Do not recharge it until it is cool. The DJI charger only charges one battery at a time, so it "knows" which battery can be brought up to full the fasted and usually selects them first.

I know this goes beyond the scope of the original question.... But what you do with your batteries is a matter of preference and how you carry you store and carry your kit. My hard case is cut so that I can carry two landing gear versions in a space that is cut for the charger. Sometimes when a battery is spent or partially used I will put it in the case upside down so I know not to use it again until recharged. The batteries are stored separately and marked with luminescent dots so I can easily identify each battery. Double dots are "plus" batteries. Half circle is a standard battery (I only have one of those). When traveling I only carry one landing gear extention and the charger and batteries go in the lower right compartment with the landing gear is in the photo. And, FWIW, under the controller is a compartment for lots of other accessories and behind the lid are screen shades and other flat accessories. Also, strobes are also parked on the velco pads on the batteries in the case (not shown). Essentially 10 pounds of stuffing in a 5 pound bag :).

1671901747700.png

IMG_1067.JPGIMG_1071.JPG

This is what I am looking at. I may have the items in the wrong place, but that is another question. Specifically, if all three batteries are charged then I use one of them, are you saying that I should, after a cool down, remove the batteries in the charger, then insert the recently used battery in the charger and charge it? Also, is it okay to have all three batteries in the hub (?) with different charges if I'm not going to use any for a few days?

I didn't have to consider this with my Mavic Pro.

You're showing photos of a battery hub that's not connected to a power cord -- meaning the batteries are not being charged. It's perfectly safe/okay to keep the batteries in the hub for as long as you'd like as long as the power cord is not connected.

Reactions: MS Coast
I quite often slot empty or partly charged batteries into the hub but don't push them right in for the latches to click shut. This way they're not electrically connected, but conveniently stored. Usually I don't want them electrically connected to the charger so that I can charge other emptier batteries in the hub.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid