DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro / My intial observations

PalmPilot

Reactions
1) Slow micro SD card warning. DJI should highlight how important SD card speed is, have since found the approved list.

2) DJI RC map needs wifi or phone hotspot to work. I missed this in the reviews. Since my RC has a large memory card, the unit should download and store the map within flight radius of the drone when wifi connected. The system disables wifi after starting and it must be manually turned on.

3) Disappointed in the bag included with plus kit, ordered a new bag on Amazon. The extended range batteries are $95 each so plus kit not as cost effective as previous fly more combos. No included charger.

I am coming from the DJI mini 1 which I've owned since intial release.

Attachments

• 20221009_231940.jpg
    20221009_231940.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Reactions: a2tomm
I had the same SD card speed issue when I first fired up my Mini 3, coming from my Mini 2. That's a good thing. Higher data rate - better imagery.

Large batteries make a HUGE difference. Highly recommended. Less stress, more fun.

As is the DJI-supplied 30W wall charger. Twice as fast as any other charger I've used.

The "Fly More" bag is horrid. Too small. Wrong shape. I use a photography camera bag with lots of compartments. You need lots of compartments for spare batteries and other stuff, and you need ample space to store the RC unit without removing the sticks.

The "Fly More" bag is horrid. Too small. Wrong shape. I use a photography camera bag with lots of compartments. You need lots of compartments for spare batteries and other stuff, and you need ample space to store the RC unit without removing the sticks.
This. It probably makes a good kids lunch bag. If you look at it closely you can fit a sandwich, a juice and a bag of chips. It would’ve worked if it had just slightly more capacity and cushion. Personally, I would’ve gladly accepted one additional set of extra props over that bag.

I like the bag. I've been using it ever since my fly-more kit arrived, even though I have more than enough camera bags to store the drone as well. I find it nicely inconspicuous for wandering around the city.

De gustibus non est disputandum and all that. ;)
I also like the bag, I have room for everything including filters. Small, compact, and inconspicuous carrying it around.

I find the flymore kit bag just fine. Compact, light and capable of easily accommodating the drone, 3x batteries and charging hub, DJI RC with sticks fitted, a bunch of spare blades, SD card reader, ND filter pack and a bit of spare space for other stuff. I could easily squeeze my 65w charger in there too if I wanted. Toploading is a bonus, as you don't need to set the bag down to take the stuff out.

Toploading is a bonus, as you don't need to set the bag down to take the stuff out.
Which I find really handy because I'm less likely to forget something…

(One of the perils of getting older. My memory isn't what it used to be, but my forgettery works fine!)

I was just on a 20 km hike today. Carried drone, three extra batteries, filters, and the RC Controller with sticks fitted in the bag. Did a 14 km hike last week with a backpack, and I think I like the fly-more bag better.

Reactions: PalmPilot
Negative comments are always good. Too many times we only see the fanboys posting stuff (not just here but YouTube and other social media platforms).

Let me address a few things though:

1) Slow micro SD card warning. DJI should highlight how important SD card speed is, have since found the approved list.

DJI has posted lots of information on the required cards and/or recommended cards. Not DJI's fault someone did not read before buying.

2) DJI RC map needs wifi or phone hotspot to work. I missed this in the reviews. Since my RC has a large memory card, the unit should download and store the map within flight radius of the drone when wifi connected. The system disables wifi after starting and it must be manually turned on.

I had to learn that also. But again, research on tech products is important.

3) Disappointed in the bag included with plus kit, ordered a new bag on Amazon. The extended range batteries are $95 each so plus kit not as cost effective as previous fly more combos. No included charger.

You are disappointed in the bag..What did you really expect? If something says "combo" by this time one should realize that the bag is not the best thing available. BTW: I have packed the drone in a running vest and controller LOL.......any bag will be fine.

It sounds like you got what you paid for. You seem disappointed in expectations above and beyond what DJI says.

The fly more bag sucks compared to past DJI cases and bags. It does not easily fit the controller, mini3, filters, and two batteries and charger without some plastic part touching and puting pressure on the props of the mini3 or crushing the mini3 through the padding, which is a big no-no when this inevitably gets stuffed inside a larger backpack, back seat, trunk, or suitcase with more external pressure and impacts.

The fly more bag sucks compared to past DJI cases and bags. It does not easily fit the controller, mini3, filters, and two batteries and charger without some plastic part touching and puting pressure on the props of the mini3 or crushing the mini3 through the padding, which is a big no-no when this inevitably gets stuffed inside a larger backpack, back seat, trunk, or suitcase with more external pressure and impacts.
I wonder how you're packing things in the flymore case? I certainly don't have the issues you flag as a concern when packing all that into my flymore case.

My previous drone was a mini1 and that had a fairly rigid flymore case that offered more protection to the drone. It was also notorious for squashing the blades out of shape if not packed right, and didn't have room for a UK plug charger.

You know, with the Mavic 2 case you couldn't fit the charger in either.

I don't bother including the charger in my case. Don't need it in the field, so I leave it at home. If travelling and charging in the car then I leave it there, or in my carry-on if travelling by air.

I find the flymore kit bag just fine. Compact, light and capable of easily accommodating the drone, 3x batteries and charging hub, DJI RC with sticks fitted, a bunch of spare blades, SD card reader, ND filter pack and a bit of spare space for other stuff. I could easily squeeze my 65w charger in there too if I wanted. Toploading is a bonus, as you don't need to set the bag down to take the stuff out.
Can you post a photo of your packed fly bag ? Maybe it's all in the way we're putting the items in.

You know, with the Mavic 2 case you couldn't fit the charger in either.

I don't bother including the charger in my case. Don't need it in the field, so I leave it at home. If travelling and charging in the car then I leave it there, or in my carry-on if travelling by air.
Same here. If I do use it, I put the drone in, filters, an extra battery, and the remote. Is it the best bag in a world..no way. Does it work...yes. For long-term storage or better protection, I have a Symic hard case that fits into my backpack.

On a side note: I see lots of people so concerned about the props. I have no idea what people are doing to damage props on a drone. I have never ever in 30 years damaged a prop or blade for any drone, RC plane, or heli unless it was involved in a crash or striking something. I carried my Mini3 in a running vest (yes, I just shoved into a pocket) for a 30-mile run LOL and it was fine (though not recommended and got some awesome footage during my few breaks)

running-vest-salomon-adv-skin-12.jpg

@PalmPilot Happy to oblige with a couple of photos of my bag packing method. I don't normally take my charger in the bag, but have put it in just to show it fits, including a euro 2-pin socket on it which nearly doubles its size. There's plenty of breathing room around the drone, and the sticks are left on the controller. Case with ND filters goes in the top pocket, along with spare blades, SD cards and a card reader.

@Siam I think some of the nervousness about damaging blades comes from the Mini 1, whose blades could be deformed enough during storage to cause catastrophic lack of lift when in flight.

Attachments

• 20221016_140118.jpg
    20221016_140118.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 20221016_140146.jpg
    20221016_140146.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 33
I wonder how you're packing things in the flymore case? I certainly don't have the issues you flag as a concern when packing all that into my flymore case.

My previous drone was a mini1 and that had a fairly rigid flymore case that offered more protection to the drone. It was also notorious for squashing the blades out of shape if not packed right, and didn't have room for a UK plug charger.
You may be better at packing, or something I missed. The internal soft dividers seem all wrong to me. Please feel free to post a photos of your layout with the mini3 with blades safely protected and with all accessories in the bag. I loved the mini-1 semi-hard shell case and the mini3 soft case just doesn’t seem well designed to fit and protect the mini3.

You may be better at packing, or something I missed. The internal soft dividers seem all wrong to me. Please feel free to post a photos of your layout with the mini3 with blades safely protected and with all accessories in the bag. I loved the mini-1 semi-hard shell case and the mini3 soft case just doesn’t seem well designed to fit and protect the mini3.
Did you see the photos in post #17 just before yours? These show how I pack my mini 3 in the flymore case. The front blades nestle between the 2 front feet under the belly of the drone and the back blades lay across the "back" of the drone with tips just touching. The shape of the back of the drone is such that the blades sit snugly against it and are well protected against being deformed. When everything is packed like this it all sits snugly and nothing is too loose or too tight.
I had a mini 1 and the blades on that are much more delicate, vulnerable and difficult to secure safely than the blades on the mini 3.

To get scro's layout, I reseated the velcro on the internal baffles towards the drone. Only by maybe 4mm, but it's all fine now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead