DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro questions/observations

Brojon

Reactions
Been flying this little bird for a week and a few issues I need to resolve before I decide to keep it.
1 - it appears our old nemesis "the watercolor effect" has been implemented on the M3P. Problem is I can't find any settings for the standard image quality settings. The problem on the MP could be fixed by adjusting Sharpness down to zero or even -1.
2 - Possibly related but I almost threw it back in the box first video and photos I took. Everything was out of focus. It was in AF but I tried toggling it off and doing it manually. A really disconcerting thing is no matter where you tap on the screen it draws its own focus square dead center. Today I put it in AF and it appears that everything was nice and sharp - except for the random watercolor blotches.
3 - I have setup two Wi-Fi points - home and my phone hotspot. Problem is the Mini appears to randomly "forget" connecting to Wi-Fi and I get no map. Then poof - all of a sudden there it is. This after many minutes - it's not simply a delay.
4 - Just an observation - don't get the DJI ND filters. It has big gaping holes in coverage. I've ordered the Freewell variable ND set for it.
Anyone able to help with any of these items?

@Brojon as you know when you take off the RC since the updates now turns off both WIFI and internet connections
when you first turn on the RC just pull the setting screen down and make sure that the WI FI is turned on ,then when you turn on the drone you have time to while it gets a sat lock, for the map info to be loaded into the RC , once its there it does not matter if the phone is connected by WIFI until you turn off the RC

@Brojon as you know when you take off the RC since the updates now turns off both WIFI and internet connections
when you first turn on the RC just pull the setting screen down and make sure that the WI FI is turned on ,then when you turn on the drone you have time to while it gets a sat lock, for the map info to be loaded into the RC , once its there it does not matter if the phone is connected by WIFI until you turn off the RC
Actually no - I didn't know that. Thanks! It updated the minute I started everything up so I never had a before and after to compare.
Anyone else feel like DJI isn't thinking about the user experience as much as they used to?
Seems like anything with "Pro" in the name shouldn't be dumbed down.

Reactions: KLRSKIR
I look at it a "prosumer" not "professional."
Nevertheless - why take away critical controls when it's obvious the dang thing is intended for photography/videography? Users may prefer other settings.
Imagine if you will the 65" TV you bought lacked the ability to lower the horrible default sharpening they use to make the image pop in the big box stores. Many of those TVs cost less than the drones, yet they have sharpening, contrast color and hue adjustments..

Reactions: Flashheart
I picked up the Freewell All Day filters and they work very well. As you said, the DJI filters were quite lacking IMHO.
What's really annoying is you're mostly trying to nail down the shutter speed with limited tools.
You really only have a limited range of shutter speed to get incremental changes and the ISO are full stops.
I haven't had any issues with Freewell variable NDs on my Air 2S and two filters that cover 2-9 stops is pretty good.

Yep, I prefer VND's but they weren't available yet when my Mini 3 arrived. I use them will all my other aircraft. Fly back, hover, twist and fly off.

Yep, I prefer VND's but they weren't available yet when my Mini 3 arrived. I use them will all my other aircraft. Fly back, hover, twist and fly off.
I'm still waiting for them - apparently backordered or supply chain issues.
Work with what I have.

I'm still waiting for them - apparently backordered or supply chain issues.
Work with what I have.
I hear ya, and IF I do order VND's for the little bird I'll get Polar Pro. The All Day Pack shipped directly from China at the time and very quickly, I prefer Polar Pro over Freewell, but I needed something fast. :/

I hear ya, and IF I do order VND's for the little bird I'll get Polar Pro. The All Day Pack shipped directly from China at the time and very quickly, I prefer Polar Pro over Freewell, but I needed something fast. :/
Honestly didn't know polarpro had 'em.
I need to go check now :)

Reactions: KLRSKIR
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan