DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro screw stuck

What would be really useful would be if someone with good mech knowledge could source high quality replacement screws.

What would be really useful would be if someone with good mech knowledge could source high quality replacement screws.
What about the screws that come with MAS props? Are they any better and easier to remove? Do they supply a screwdriver?

These reports of difficult to remove screws that are resulting in stripped screw heads is concerning because when the time comes when I may need to replace props, I certainly don’t want to be struggling with a stripped screw when I need the drone.

Chris

One of the foum members recommended a better screw driver and mentioned the one shown below. With screws so small and delicate you have to be able to exert enough leverage and torque at the same time to get positive action without (hopefully) not stripping the screw head out. I hope I got the right one. I haven't tried it yet, but perhaps I should gently test it with all the screws in my Mini 3?

View attachment 153994
I got one of these off Amazon. When it arrived, I tested it out on a propeller screw on the M3P. No slippage, screw broke free quickly. It's in my camera bag now along with extra propellers

Reactions: vindibona1
I sent my Mini 3 Pro in to have screws removed and they sent me a brand new drone with props installed. Now I am concerned that I will have the same issue BUT I did get the recommended screwdriver from thread. Headed to Hawaii tomorrow and will test screws when I get home! Aloha

Reactions: pyrolator
I’m sure that I mentioned it before, but I would highly recommend on any new Mini 3 pro is that you go in with a GOOD screw driver (not the toy that comes with the drone) and just break the “seal” on every screw. I found that to do so requires quite a bit of downward pressure to maintain good screwdriver seating. And in my experience required supporting the arms as not to put too much stress on them with the pressure. Once the seal is broken then the props will be easier to change if not at home at a desk or workbench. JME

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78