DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro Vinetting

Yes vignetting is a problem. It disrupts my workflow and alters the quality of photos my agents are used to getting from me. Even after correction the middle of the photo is brighter than the rest of it. Also there’s a clarity issue I’ve noticed one zoomed in compared with the other drones. I was hoping the new firmware update would correct some of these issues but it has not so far. About 75% of my work is photos on the MLS and other platforms so this is a problem. The video performs flawlessly but it’s very frustrating to have a one trick pony when I really needed to do everything. I can’t be the only one that has this problem and it’s obviously not a hardware issue or the video would also suffer. It’ll have to sit on the shelf most of the time until DJI gets it corrected.

I know you're a RE photographer. Is vignetting of the sky REALLY a problem for your agents? I can imagine that if the features of the property are highly vignetted it would be a problem. I've done professional photography for a lot of years and have always thought that subtle vignetting would bring the eye into the main features and subjects. Of course too much or vignetting in the wrong places is not a good thing. And of course I haven't seen more than a few of your images. While I can't remember which of the programs I might use for vignette correction I know that it can be done (automatically?) if you have a pre-programmed recipe. I'm sorry I don't have more specifics to offer. But I'll share them down the road if I can find them.

Attachments

• DJI_0056-HDR copy.jpg
    DJI_0056-HDR copy.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 1
  • DJI_0056-HDR.jpg
    DJI_0056-HDR.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 1
Here's another from today. When correcting the vignette, it loses detail in the corners. It does not do this in JPEG so I'm confident it can be fixed with updates. I don't use JPEGS so hopefully they get it squared away soon..

That vignetting seems to be only on the 12MP DNG. Some kind of missing vignetting profile. You can correct it easily in lens Corrections in Lightroom or Adobe Camera RAW.

+75 Vignetting and a Midpoint at 0 on the 12MP DNG gives me the same picture between 12MP and 48MP DNG (not tested on many pictures so you'll may have to change values a little)

Now, let's hope DJI will fix that soon.

1655647137163.png

Reactions: RadioFlyer
That vignetting seems to be only on the 12MP DNG. Some kind of missing vignetting profile. You can correct it easily in lens Corrections in Lightroom or Adobe Camera RAW.

+75 Vignetting and a Midpoint at 0 on the 12MP DNG gives me the same picture between 12MP and 48MP DNG (not tested on many pictures so you'll may have to change values a little)

Now, let's hope DJI will fix that soon.

View attachment 150336
Thanks for the tip. Here's what I got. It improves the vignetting but the photo loses detail on the edges. After looking at how the camera lens is 'beveled-in' compared to all my other birds, it makes me wonder if the lens not being flush causes the issue? I actually had to modify how I clean the Mini 3 Pro lens by using a Q-tip wrapped in a micro-fiber cloth because the design makes it very cumbersome keep clean.

Attachments

• DJI_0056-HDR copy3.jpg
    DJI_0056-HDR copy3.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa