DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro Wont Pair To Remote

i just checked and guess i was wrong. V2.1.13 is older. they change so quick this link is under the Mini 3 Pro downloads. give it a try V2.1.15

Thank you for your help on this. I have followed your insturctions, Updated to the latest version of this app and connected the Mini 2 remote to both of my computers. It reads and connects to the remote but there is no Firmware to update or rollback to. The list is blank. It also ses "No Fight log" which I assume is a type for FLIGHT logs lol.

So the ultimate goal is to use my Mini2 remote on the Mini 3 pro, and I cant seem to update the remote through either of my Android or Apple phones, or an either of the Assistant apps on 2 different computers.

(NOTE: all of my Drones connect to the apps successfully, it is only my remote that has no Firmware logs) Could this be on DJIs end or am I having a Hardware issue?

launch the assistant to on your computer V2.1.13 is the newest one, turn the remote on and plug it into the comptuer with a USB to USB-C data cable be sure your logged in with your DJI account on the assistant program. and it should recognize the RCN-1 and allow you to downgrade 1 FW version
As mentioned Assistant simply does not offer ANY firmware for that model of remote at the moment on their servers, cannot be seen either using "other tools". Probably a bug on their end.

hmmm quit the pickle as the RCN-1 is supposed to be compatible with any and all DJI drones that use it stock
The issue is that the remote that came with the Mini2 identifies as "rcs231", whereas newer ones identify as 'rc-n1-wm161b".

The current firmwares' cfg include an uncommon section
Code:
<compatible>
    <wl_type wl_string="rc-n1-wm161b" sdr_id="0xE161"></wl_type>
</compatible>
which may be what makes it not appear, not clear if there might be a hardware difference but in any case Assistant should usually at least show the latest fw that does support that model and the current one installed, but it doesn't.

The issue is that the remote that came with the Mini2 identifies as "rcs231", whereas newer ones identify as 'rc-n1-wm161b".

The current firmwares' cfg include an uncommon section
Code:
<compatible>
    <wl_type wl_string="rc-n1-wm161b" sdr_id="0xE161"></wl_type>
</compatible>
which may be what makes it not appear, not clear if there might be a hardware difference but in any case Assistant should usually at least show the latest fw that does support that model and the current one installed, but it doesn't.
ive linked my stock remote that came with the mini 2 to my mavic 3. and likewise the mavic 3 remote to mini 2

SOLVED:

I got it paired! Here is what I did. (The PC Apps never ended up populating Remote Firmware updates)

-Re Downloaded the latest "FLY APP" For Adroid and re installed on phone.
-Logged in, connected RC Remote and spammed "Check for updates". The app actually found the latest firmware for the remote and I installed it right away.
-Restarted APP and remote, Paired to new Mini Pro 3 instantly and works perfectly.

Thank you all who assisted me. I still cant get the PC apps to find firmware, but I re installing FLY app on phone and searching for updates WORKED. Drone and Remote is PAIRED.

ive linked my stock remote that came with the mini 2
What firmware do you have on it?
Yeah it's supposed to, but you likely have newer firmware on it than us, and the problem is we can't update to something recent enough to support the newer models at this time...
Mine's on 04.11.0016

What firmware do you have on it?
Yeah it's supposed to, but you likely have newer firmware on it than us, and the problem is we can't update to something recent enough to support the newer models at this time...
Mine's on 04.11.0016
id have to check. i havent touched the mini 2 remote since they made the smart controller compatable. and likewise the m3 remote was fresh out the box never updated and has been sold after getting a rc pro

SOLVED:

I got it paired! Here is what I did. (The PC Apps never ended up populating Remote Firmware updates)

-Re Downloaded the latest "FLY APP" For Adroid and re installed on phone.
-Logged in, connected RC Remote and spammed "Check for updates". The app actually found the latest firmware for the remote and I installed it right away.
-Restarted APP and remote, Paired to new Mini Pro 3 instantly and works perfectly.

Thank you all who assisted me. I still cant get the PC apps to find firmware, but I re installing FLY app on phone and searching for updates WORKED. Drone and Remote is PAIRED.
glad to hear you got it all sorted. now the big question which you prob dont wanna try is does it link to the mini 2?

OK, got it to update with Fly too BUT I had to manually check for updates, when it would usually notify (and obnoxiously so...)

Now that it is updated Assistant WILL find it again. Likely the identifier changed and they have an issue with the source Assistant works with when it's the old identifier.

id have to check. i havent touched the mini 2 remote since they made the smart controller compatable. and likewise the m3 remote was fresh out the box never updated and has been sold after getting a rc pro
I don't want to hijack this thread, but it is sort of related.
I've been following this thread (and similar), since I very recently bought a Mini 2.
I'd like to use a mini3 Pro RC controller with the 2, but heard it is not compatible. So did that recently change? If I also had a mini 3 Pro, could I use it's controller with both?

I don't want to hijack this thread, but it is sort of related.
I've been following this thread (and similar), since I very recently bought a Mini 2.
I'd like to use a mini3 Pro RC controller with the 2, but heard it is not compatible. So did that recently change? If I also had a mini 3 Pro, could I use it's controller with both?
so with the mini 2 you can use the origianl smart controller, but the mini 3 grey screen remote will not work for the mini 2. and likewise the smart controller wont work with mini 3

Reactions: RS Bush Pilot
I have a new Mavic Mini 3 Pro and An Original Mavic Mini 2 RC Remote (Not Mini 3 Remote).

The Mini 3 Pro is updated to the most current Firmware but will not pair to my remote. (I have fully charged both batteries).

The Remote works fine on my Mavic Mini 2 however, It Is not updated to its latest firmware and Im wondering if that is the problem as to why it wont Pair to the 3 PRO?

I also cannot seem to update the remote through the Fly app OR The DJI Assistant 2 PC app. On the PC app It connects to the software and boots up but I get a "server error" code when trying to access the latest firmware update for the remote.

What should I do next?
This happened to me with the latest firmware update with the Smart controller too. I’m Not sure if you’ve tried, But you can try to roll back the software in DJI assistant on the drone and remote and it might connect again. Unfortunately mine won’t let me roll back so I’m stuck waiting for an update or a fix!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121