DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Remote with Air2 S

Berf

Reactions
I've been reading that the new DJI RC that comes with the Mini3 PRO will work with the Air2S. I'm wondering if the remote that comes with the Mini 3 (not pro) will also work. The comparison page on Amazon seems to indicate it uses different operating system.

Can anyone confirm for me that the DJI RC that comes with the Mini 3 model will indeed work with the Air2s or do I have to buy the Mini 3 Pro model?

Or asked another way, is the DJI RC that comes with the Mini 3 the exact same one that comes with the Mini 3 PRO?

DJIRemote.jpg

Last edited:
I believe the other remote you speak of is the RC-N1 the one without the screen and yes that remote works with the Air2s
The O2,O3 numbers are the occu-sync version used and I think that only effects video transmission rate

Last edited:
No, the Mini 3 comes with the DJI-RC remote that has the screen built into it. I'd like to know if it will work with the Air2S and if it is the same remote that the Mini3 Pro comes with. DJIMini3.jpg

Sorry Yes the DJI-RC Does work with the Air2s The mini 3 pro also comes with the DJI-RC remote as well
but you have the option of just getting the RC-N1 I thought that was what you were wondering

Just wanted to say I bought a DJI-RC controller brand new cheap (150) From a friend that bought the mini 3 pro He likes to use his iPad and that remote doesn't support external monitors unless you just want to play back videos from the remote. I'm not a big fan of the DJI-RC I thought maybe it would be brighter like the crystal sky monitors but its really not as bright as a crystal sky Plus like my friend I want the ability to use my big iPad So I just use my RC-N1

Well, I'd like to use the DJI-RC that comes with the mini 3 IF it will also work with my Air 2S, but I need to confirm that it will work first. I know it looks the same in the photo as the one that comes with the Mini3 PRO, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is. I'd like to get some better confirmation that it is indeed the same and will work with the Air2S.

@Berf the new DJI RC with the built in screen only has one version as of now, and it will work with the Mavic 3 series of drones the Mini 3 series of drones and the air 2s
just look at the model serial number listed for the DJI RC that is supplied with all the drones that it can work with in the specs ,and i think you will find they are the same

Reactions: Berf
The remote you picture is a DJI-RC as old man mavic stated above there is only one version so yes that "version" will work with a AIR 2S The RC-N1 is the same remote without a screen it too will work with the Air 2S. The only other "confirmation " I can give you is, as long as you know how to bind the new remote to your account then you shouldn't have a problem

@Berf the new DJI RC with the built in screen only has one version as of now, and it will work with the Mavic 3 series of drones the Mini 3 series of drones and the air 2s
just look at the model serial number listed for the DJI RC that is supplied with all the drones that it can work with in the specs ,and i think you will find they are the same

Thanks for that info.

Reactions: old man mavic
I own a mini 3 pro and an Air 2S and yes I can confirm the RC with built in screen works with both. I have tested actual flight with no issues. However, the paring process must be performed each time you want to switch the controller to the other drone. That is a bit of a pain, so, I use the Air 2S with an Android tablet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique