DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Pro <250 grams? Warning on screen

David Metcalf

Reactions
So still on holiday in Ireland and I am getting these warnings on screen that my new M4P is not meeting the sub 250 gram needed to meet the C0 class. WTF? Are the Fly more deal option I purchased putting the drone over this weight? The intelligent batteries do not have the ultra light labels on them. And the specs state this. “‌Standard aircraft weight (including the Intelligent Flight Battery, propellers, and a microSD card). The actual product weight may vary due to differences in batch materials and external factors.” I didn’t think the fly more option come with extended flight batteries. Flummoxed on holiday.

Thanks

So still on holiday in Ireland and I am getting these warnings on screen that my new M4P is not meeting the sub 250 gram needed to meet the C0 class. WTF? Are the Fly more deal option I purchased putting the drone over this weight? The intelligent batteries do not have the ultra light labels on them. And the specs state this. “‌Standard aircraft weight (including the Intelligent Flight Battery, propellers, and a microSD card). The actual product weight may vary due to differences in batch materials and external factors.” I didn’t think the fly more option come with extended flight batteries. Flummoxed on holiday.

Thanks
If the batteries are intelligent flight battery plus, then your drone will be over weight. If they are non plus, then you should be fine unless you have added lights to your drone.

The only time the drone will recognise it's overweight is by communicating with the BMS board in a 'plus' battery instead of the standard unit. EASA regs are a pain, but when in Rome (metaphorically speaking).

Suggestion: to stop the drone communicating with severs, (which *might* affect how the drone flies whilst carrying a naughty battery... 'plus' batteries are not legitimately available in Europe) go into the account settings on the main FLY app screen and navigate to the privacy & data tab. Look for 'local data mode' and engage it. Restart the app. If you're using a separate device as the flight screen, engage airplane mode as well.

The drone should have come out of the box with a standard battery fitted. Fly with that one instead... Problem solved.

Reactions: Dronecation
If the batteries are intelligent flight battery plus, then your drone will be over weight. If they are non plus, then you should be fine unless you have added lights to your drone.

I went back to the Best Buy site to check and saw the “Plus” in the product description. Oh well.

Don't worry David! With all the weight of human regulations on this planet, we are not a gram close...
LOL! Thaks for the assurances. I am back stateside. Ireland does NOT disappoint! Had a great time. Everyone was so nice, the weather was cool every day. Took a few drone flights, not as many as I hoped, didn't want to rile the locals if the location was more densely populated or on famers properties. But still got some good flights in.

I was worried my SD card in the Mini 4 Pro would fill up but had barely 1/4 used.

Already planning for next year with Carrauntoohill as one destination.

Back to work and flying the Mavic 3 Pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panda15004