DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help re batteries with Mini 4 Pro.

twickers14

Reactions
Hi. May I ask if anyone can clarify a couple of things-does the Mini 4 Pro Fly More Combo with the RC2 come with Plus batteries or what I think are called “Sub 250” ones? This intimates that the Plus batteries take the drone over 250gms and all that goes with that weight and regulations etc. I have also read that the “Sub 250s” are not RID compliant in the US. I could have all that wrong so please forgive ignorance. DJI help could only tell me they are Intelligent Flight batteries but I thought all their batteries are Intelligent Flight!

I don't have the Mini 4 but I think you have to order the Plus batteries separately.

DJI refers to the higher capacity batteries as Intelligent Flight Batteries Plus. The "sub 250g" batteries are simply Intelligent Flight Batteries. You can purchase the Mini 4 Pro with either battery type and buy individual batteries, too. Click the Compare Options buttons for a summary table of packages available.

Screenshot 2024-02-21 121759.jpg

Hi. May I ask if anyone can clarify a couple of things-does the Mini 4 Pro Fly More Combo with the RC2 come with Plus batteries or what I think are called “Sub 250” ones? This intimates that the Plus batteries take the drone over 250gms and all that goes with that weight and regulations etc. I have also read that the “Sub 250s” are not RID compliant in the US. I could have all that wrong so please forgive ignorance. DJI help could only tell me they are Intelligent Flight batteries but I thought all their batteries are Intelligent Flight!
All batteries for the Mini 4 drones are Intelligent Flight batteries.

In the US, The "Mini 4 Pro Fly More Combo" (with RC2) comes with regular sub-250 batteries and will turn off RID in your drone: Buy DJI Mini 4 Pro - DJI Store

In the US, the "Mini 4 Pro Fly More Combo Plus" comes with extended plus batteries which will take your drone over 250g and will trigger RID: Buy DJI Mini 4 Pro - DJI Store

@twickers14 unless things have changed recently, its not possible to purchase the flymore kit with the Plus batteries in the UK direct from DJI store

@twickers14 unless things have changed recently, its not possible to purchase the flymore kit with the Plus batteries in the UK direct from DJI store
Just what I thought. I couldn’t see the Plus option on the DJI site and neither on the Amazon UK site. Humming and haaing over Air 3 v M4P so needing to understand battery options as we will hopefully be in the States in April-post RID.

All batteries for the Mini 4 drones are Intelligent Flight batteries.

In the US, The "Mini 4 Pro Fly More Combo" (with RC2) comes with regular sub-250 batteries and will turn off RID in your drone: Buy DJI Mini 4 Pro - DJI Store

In the US, the "Mini 4 Pro Fly More Combo Plus" comes with extended plus batteries which will take your drone over 250g and will trigger RID: Buy DJI Mini 4 Pro - DJI Store
Got it and it seems very sensible-drone under 250 no RID so smaller batteries, over 250 with Plus batteries RID kicks in.

DJI refers to the higher capacity batteries as Intelligent Flight Batteries Plus. The "sub 250g" batteries are simply Intelligent Flight Batteries. You can purchase the Mini 4 Pro with either battery type and buy individual batteries, too. Click the Compare Options buttons for a summary table of packages available.

View attachment 172828
Thanks, so clear now and as Old Man Mavic points out below we are not offered the Plus Combo option here in the U.K. and I would/might be buying the sub-250 version so as to by-pass RID in the US when we visit in April.

Plus batteries are on eBay in the uk but will have no warranty. Also uk doesn’t have RID yet.

Just Updated my Mini 4 Pro on FAA Drone zone cannot find RID number in my profile or "about" screens on controller yet in log it shows RID is active. I usually fly with the plus battery. Has anoyone found the RID number for there Mini 4 Pro once the Plus battery is activated. I have not seen it in "about."

Just Updated my Mini 4 Pro on FAA Drone zone cannot find RID number in my profile or "about" screens on controller yet in log it shows RID is active. I usually fly with the plus battery. Has anoyone found the RID number for there Mini 4 Pro once the Plus battery is activated. I have not seen it in "about."

The RID number is the aircraft serial number. It does not have a separate RID number.

Reactions: davidarmenb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne