DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Pro - Any way to adjust the gimbal before doing a 180 degree pano shot?

JimSteadman

Reactions
I have done some panos with the m4p which does a beautiful (not perfect but darn close) job. But IMHO it includes too much sky. It does not seem to make a difference when I point my camera to the place I want to center the pano. It automatically takes over and begins the shot with the gimbal level, which gives me more sky than I really want. Of course, I can remove that in post processing, but is there any way to adjust this?

Attachments

• Erie Wide Angle.jpg
    Erie Wide Angle.jpg
    8.4 MB · Views: 21
None of drones have that feature yet, it has to be done maually and something like lightroom is used to assemble the new pano. works easily and quickly but this would be a fantastic feature to have.

Phantromrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

no, it will level the gimbal for 180. The only panorama mode in which you have control of the initial gimbal pitch is "wide angle" 3x3. But be careful, if you point your gimbal up or down, it will make the horizon to curve down or up in the final panorama. Panovolo has a special correction for this.

Reactions: JimSteadman
Thanks for the info.
no, it will level the gimbal for 180. The only panorama mode in which you have control of the initial gimbal pitch is "wide angle" 3x3. But be careful, if you point your gimbal up or down, it will make the horizon to curve down or up in the final panorama. Panovolo has a special correction for this.
Thanks. Had not heard about Panovolo. I was pretty sure there would be distortion somewhere -it is unavoidable.

not surprised you did not hear about it - we launched Windows version at the end of Aug with Mac version coming up soon.

The horizon curvature can be corrected very nicely during the stitching. It does not produce any additional distortions. Correcting it AFTER the panorama is stitched will produce the distortion.

With my M2P I lower the camera a bit so there is not so much sky....but if you lower it too much, the gimbal will return to a leveled position....this is when I am talking the 9 shot pano option.

I use PTGUI for panoramas and it has many options to straighten the horizon.

not surprised you did not hear about it - we launched Windows version at the end of Aug with Mac version coming up soon.

The horizon curvature can be corrected very nicely during the stitching. It does not produce any additional distortions. Correcting it AFTER the panorama is stitched will produce the distortion.
Please keep this thread posted when the mac version comes out.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian