DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 pro not getting all satellites

I used to get around 32 satellites but since i did the last update I now get 22 to 23. Does anybody have any ideas why?
It has nothing to do with any firmware update (like most things that users blame on firmware updates.
There is no fixed number of sats that your drone will be receiving and you can expect the number to be varying all the time.

Check UAV Forecast for realistic predictions about how many sats will be available / 'locked' (better named 'used') at any particular time of day / location. I get somewhere between 20-28 usually in the UK, and try not to take off until I have at least 18. Home Point update only seems to require 12-15, but I like some headroom, so I wait a little longer on the ground.

Last edited:
Hi, I live in Prince George and rarely get more than 25 satellites. I get a Home Point lock at around 12 sats.
Where you are shouldn't make any difference to satellite numbers.
There is no magic number of sats to get full GPS reception and record a home point.
Sometimes it might be 12, but at other times it could require >20.
i-htZ7Xwq-M.jpg

Where I live in Florida, I'm happy with anything in the teens. Usually GPS locks at 9 and accuracy has never been a problem.

Where I live in Florida, I'm happy with anything in the teens. Usually GPS locks at 9 and accuracy has never been a problem.
I am in Southern Australia, and it's the same for me, home-point always on 9, activated Mini in march 2020, never have updated anything, no problems, an amazing little drone..

Reactions: Capt KO

Thanks for the information everyone. The issue that I have is I used to get 32 to 33 for the last 3 years and now what has changed that I get 22 to 24?

How much flying have you done to establish that you don't get more than 24 now?
Which drone are you flying now?

If you are getting 24, your GPS receiver is working properly so you should receive however many sats are in your sky at any time (as long as you are flying in the open with a full skyview).

How much flying have you done to establish that you don't get more than 24 now?
Which drone are you flying now?

If you are getting 24, your GPS receiver is working properly so you should receive however many sats are in your sky at any time (as long as you are flying in the open with a full skyview).
Okay so I fly the DJI mini 4 pro and in total I have flown about 1400 kms but the last 50 I have been getting 22 to 24. This seems to have happened right after my firmware update. Might just be a coincidence

Okay so I fly the DJI mini 4 pro and in total I have flown about 1400 kms but the last 50 I have been getting 22 to 24. This seems to have happened right after my firmware update. Might just be a coincidence
People blame firmware updates for all kinds of things that in almost all cases, the firmware update has nothing to do with.
If a firmware update caused some issue, there would be thousands of users having the same issue.
If you are receiving 20+ sats, your GPS receiver is working just fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellmorrissey