DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Pro strap

JimSteadman

Reactions
Sooo... after struggling with the stiff, thick strap that DJI provided with the Mini 4 Pro, and after watching more than one video about the M4P and watching the instructors pull it out of the bag without the strap, I am just wondering whether most owners continue to use the strap or have resorted to some other means to protect it in the bag (or maybe no strap at all, like the M3Pro.)

I'm using the same strap linked above. I like it the best out of the several I tried.

If you want even more protection, using a shell like this would be good for storing the Mini 4 Pro loosely in a bag.

I have a case for my Mini 4 Pro. I just tuck the props away and lay it in the case.
A case with a dedicated cutout for the drone is my favorite option. And, yes, I don't think a strap is needed if using a case.

• Love
Reactions: BigAl07 and akdrone
A case with a dedicated cutout for the drone is my favorite option. And, yes, I don't think a strap is needed if using a case.
I have a buddy that throws his in a bag with batteries and controller. I'd use a strap in that case and that leather strap with velcro looks a lot easier to use than DJI's over engineered monstrosity.

I thought that it was just me....that thing can be hard to snap together sometimes, no matter how carefully you line it up
I'd be willing to bet that the DJI strap was designed by committee.. seriously.

• Haha
Reactions: JimSteadman
Just wondering if the DJI strap for the Mini 4 is a similar design as the one for the Mini 2. I’ve seen so many pictures of the Mini 2 with the strap on upside down :)
Other than wrapping around the drone and keeping the props in place, not alike at all.....the Mini 4 strap is very stiff and tough to press that snap ...you have to press pretty hard and sometimes it feels like you ar going to damage the craft

Reactions: BigAl07
I found the DJI Strap an experiment in Frustration Control. I bought an alternative "Keeper Strap" from another provider that looks almost identical to the DJI one except it goes on in 1/10th the time and effort.

I do like the extra "tightness" the strap provides in keeping everything neat and tidy but I have a custom fitted case that holds both of my M4P nice and snug. With all the being said, I'm going to order the one noted above simply because it's even easier than the one I am currently using.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
I used the Mini 4 strap three times then started and reverting back to a Red velcro strap and use on the mini 2 ,2 and 2pro slip it in to a felt bag then to a backpack along with the Air2s ,
I gotta say DJI means well but over did it
has anyone come up with a better camera cover ,i bought one from ebay that is worse than the OEM version

I use an elastic band to hold the props in place on my Mini 3 Pro. It's a size that I can slip over the drone without having to double it.

has anyone come up with a better camera cover ,i bought one from ebay that is worse than the OEM version
I don't know how different the M4P is from the M3P, but I'm totally happy with the OEM camera cover on my M3P. It took me a few times to "get" how to install it without fumbling around, but once I did it's been fine.

I bought this one.

That looks nice, velcro and you probably don't have to fight to get it strapped. I've been using these
for my mini 4 pros. The one that comes the drone is such a battle to get on, I was always worried about damaging or dropping it while trying to get it on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MARK (LI)
As some have said, I used an elastic band, but it takes time. I now use nothing, just take it out slowly, much quicker than using anything. Never had a problem.

I was not happy with the original strap, too. Always feared breaking something when closing. So I tried another one from Amazon which is slightly better. Finally I came across this one on Printables.com which is the best solution so far. So, if you have access to a 3D printer it is worth the 10USD. I printed the clamp with PETG and the button with TPU. Very easy to put onto the Mini 4 and same as easy to remove.

Reactions: msinger
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne