Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Pro with MavMount, Controllers & Brightess

Luckyguy9

Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi everyone,
I currently have a Mini 2 with the standard controller and use a MavMount to hold my TriplTek 8 tablet which has a brightness of 1200 Nits.
The new Mini 4 Pro with the RC 2 controller has the screen but only has a brightness of 700 Nits so my TriplTeck is almost twice as bright!

I think I prefer the bigger, brighter screen with a mini 4 pro over DJIs R 2 controller with its built in screen.
I'm wondering if the Mini 4 Pro with the standard controller without the screen (RC-N2) will accept the same MavMount as my Mini 2 controller?
MavMount's site isn't up to speed with the mini 4 Pro yet.

Also, there are some new features on the mini 4 pro where you use you fingers to plan where the drone will go. With DJI FLY installed on a TriplTek, those features should still work, right? Because if you get the controller without the screen, it has to use an iphone with DJI Fly installed as a screen in order to work.
Thanks!

No experience with that setup but it does sound like it would work fine. I use my RC-N1 with my large iPad Pro. It all works the same. RC-N1 is the same form factor as the N2, I think, so I don't see why it all would not work just as well.

Reactions: Jack in Dixie
No experience with that setup but it does sound like it would work fine. I use my RC-N1 with my large iPad Pro. It all works the same. RC-N1 is the same form factor as the N2, I think, so I don't see why it all would not work just as well.
Am I interpreting this correctly in that you are flying a Mini 4 Pro with a RC-N1 controller? I'm possibly interested in swapping my M3P for a MP4, but want to retain my RC-N1 controller using my S20FE phone and Tab6 tablet. Thanks for clarifying.

Edit:
Please disregard. Found elsewhere the MP4 is not compatible with the RC-N1 controller.

Luckyguy9, did you find the MavMount that you used for the Mini 2 fits the new RC 2 for the Mini 4 Pro? I also like the extra real estate my iPad Pro gives me and it might be easier to adjust waypoints on the larger surface.

Thanks for any info!
Hi everyone,
I currently have a Mini 2 with the standard controller and use a MavMount to hold my TriplTek 8 tablet which has a brightness of 1200 Nits.
The new Mini 4 Pro with the RC 2 controller has the screen but only has a brightness of 700 Nits so my TriplTeck is almost twice as bright!

I think I prefer the bigger, brighter screen with a mini 4 pro over DJIs R 2 controller with its built in screen.
I'm wondering if the Mini 4 Pro with the standard controller without the screen (RC-N2) will accept the same MavMount as my Mini 2 controller?

Also, there are some new features on the mini 4 pro where you use you fingers to plan where the drone will go. With DJI FLY installed on a TriplTek, those features should still work, right? Because if you get the controller without the screen, it has to use an iphone with DJI Fly installed as a screen in order to work.
Thanks!

Also, there are some new features on the mini 4 pro where you use you fingers to plan where the drone will go. With DJI FLY installed on a TriplTek, those features should still work, right?
Your MavMount should work, the RC-N1 and N2 have identical dimensions, I use my home made tablet holder on both. Other accessories like yagis also work on both.
All touch screen functions available on the R2 controller are available on the tablet/phone screen using the RC-N2, even easier to accomplish on a larger tablet screen.

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne