DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini and Anafi anyone got both?

I have both and to be honest the Anafi is definitely the better drone when it comes to photos ,videos and features, the Mini in my opinion has the furthest range , love them both , two very good drones for what you pay, if you are buying for taking photos and videos, buy the Anafi, it also handles wind better than the mini

Yes, the Anafi is better than the mini, but no comparison to my Platinum.

Anyway my Anafi just failed software wise, and I got the money back, never again.
The DJI is solid, the only errors are mine.

Yes, the Anafi is better than the mini, but no comparison to my Platinum.

Anyway my Anafi just failed software wise, and I got the money back, never again.
The DJI is solid, the only errors are mine.

So the Mini is better then? You say Anafi is better, but then returned and say MM is solid? Confused....

Sorry I will explain.
I think the MM is great in its class and weight.
I would not compare the Anafi to the MM. My Anafi was nice and light, good camera, I would put it just below the Mavic basic.
But my Anafi failed and this was not just my experience. Also terrible support which let it down.
I managed to get a refund and got a Platinum which is very good.
More expensive of course.
So I think if the Anafi was solid and had good support it would have a good following. Perhaps it has, but not from me.

Anafi has some advantages over the Mini:
Very quiet, great for filming wildlife
Faster top speed
Better performance in wind
Panorama modes
Waypoints
Tracking and following
Can fly with just a phone
4K video
Better bitrate
HDR video
Lossless zoom
Dolly zoom
Camera tilts all the way up
No props in view ever
21 megapixel stills
Electronic shutter to 1/10,000 sec
16 GB card included
Controller holds the camera in a better position (not pointed straight up at the sky)
Batteries can be charged by power bank or even a solar panel
No worries about flight restrictions or data sent to China

I have a Mavic pro and actually prefer the Anafi.

I don't deny the Anafi was nice, but having damaged it due to a software lock up I would never go back. It took 4 months of threats of Visa charge back to get the refund, and no support. How would you get it fixed anyway. They have no refresh like DJI. I did damage my Mavic and refresh was excellent. My experience with Anafi support was so bad I would never consider another. Do they not realise this is their main problem?

Last edited:
Reactions: Thanev
Wondering if anyone has a Mavic Mini as well as Anafi.

Wondering what you think of them both - equal, better one way or other?

I’m deciding on one, I know more in here will say Mini but wondered if anyone has both and can comment.

It’s for general personal use, nothing fancy, flying over coast mainly. Had a Bebop 2 but finding the video quality a bit poor now comparing to other drones. I know Anafi is 4K but the Mini 2.7K is massive step up and expect be enough.

Thanks
I m having anafi and mavic mini too but i prefer mavic mini

Love the video and 180 deg.gimbal on the Anafi.Raw capability on the Anafi is nice.Camera settings are well-rounded on the Anafi.Range is better with the Mini.Customer service with the Anafi sucks,but haven't had to contact DJI customer service yet...

I have both and to be honest the Anafi is definitely the better drone when it comes to photos ,videos and features, the Mini in my opinion has the furthest range , love them both , two very good drones for what you pay, if you are buying for taking photos and videos, buy the Anafi, it also handles wind better than the mini
I also have both of these drones and completely agree with this. I was bought MM due to legal restrictions (250 g), but in many cases I prefer to use it instead of Anafi, even if it is possible to use any.

I also have both of these drones and completely agree with this. I was bought MM due to legal restrictions (250 g), but in many cases I prefer to use it instead of Anafi, even if it is possible to use any.

Well I had the Anafi first and it was ok with ggod camera. But it went wobbly due to software and very poor support. Got the money back and now have a Plat. Would not change it, but will upgrade to latest DJI in a couple of years.

Alan UK Suffolk

The 16m battery of the Air also isn’t 16m. This is ideal conditions, and then there is need to get back with 15-20% back for safe flying in my opinion. This cuts actual flying time right down to so Stu that is very short actually in the air.

Yes can have 10 batteries, but if they are short actual flying time it the process of back and forward, swap out, checks etc every battery swap. Some maybe ok, I’d rather have say 20m actual flying over maybe 10m on Air.

I’ve read the Air is very noisy as well, maybe not an issue to some, but again the quieter the better really.

I’m worried on the Mini for the wind resistance. As you say I’m reading on fly seats etc, and where I want to fly, coastal areas in worried it won’t cope, even using UAV etc to check.

Won’t be buying MP/MP2 as too expensive for me to lose and justify for what I’ll use.

Thanks
I just bought the mini at Costco. I had a Phsntom 3 Advanced and thought the world of that drone but wasn’t confident flying it. I was always worried about fly aways and crashes. The mini is something I can fly with confidence. The video looks great to my old eyes.

It’s quiet. Its size is great. I can put it in my pocket with the controller in the other. It’s smart and its startup check makes things easy. I put it up in a fairly strong wind and had no problems.

I wish you could do prepared flights andthat it had a more robust set ofautomated flight functions, though. I’ve been reading that those may be added in midsummer.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky