DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Battery Shortage Update

David Smith

Reactions
Hello, again guys. Here is an update on my previous thread asking about delivery times for Mavi mini Batteries.
Regarding being able to buy extra batteries for your Mavi Mini. I spent an hour yesterday phoning around the world. Yes honestly "The World", to try and buy extra batteries for my Mini. Not one seller had any in stock. Most of them said that they had no idea when their stock was due. A few said that the manufacturers told them that it's likely to be March before they receive a consignment. Even the DJI online store had no idea. Several of the sellers said that I could Pre-order. But that then ties you down to waiting until they have stock.
One of the reasons it is taking so long is that the batteries are not allowed to be delivered by air cargo. Due to the possible risk of explosions FFS !! Now i'm wondering if I will be able to take my drone on my holiday to Vegas later this year. Oh..Thats another subject.Regarding the FAA ruling on Drones over there.
Wow!! I'm never leaving my Mini on charge when I go out anymore. And it's now been demoted to the workshop at the end of the garden.
Oh, how I wish I had bought the Fly more combo. In actual fact,I might just do that in order to just get the three batteries. Then resell all the other bits including drone on E*bay.
Awaiting your comments. (Dave in freezing the United Kingdom)

Reactions: Thomas B
Ordered mine early December direct from dji;came in the timescale given(15 working days-I think);once ordered they send order confirmation and tracking link;;batteries on board plane;;I just did international (Thai airways) and 2 domestic flights-all followed same rules;remove from drone and carry on as hand /cabin baggage;I also had a fireproof bag to store them(lipo bag)didn’t have any problems at all

Reactions: Thomas B
There appears to be quite a few Mini batteries listed on eBay, including some stating delivery this Friday (in the US).

I bought the 3 new ones that were listed here recently, they are due to arrive Tuesday. I only need 2, I will happily sell one at what it cost me to whoever needs it. I was also flying with 1 battery for the longest time, lesson learned, always buy the fly more

Shure, if you want to ripped off by paying double the price.

It’s just supply & demand. I bought my Fly More combo. Just trying to help others in demand, who want to get flying all day long, too.

I‘m about to order one for $70 on eBay, and hope I’m not waiting till Spring. :cool:

I bought the 3 new ones that were listed here recently, they are due to arrive Tuesday. I only need 2, I will happily sell one at what it cost me to whoever needs it. I was also flying with 1 battery for the longest time, lesson learned, always buy the fly more
Hi, Original poster of this thread Dave here. Can I have the first chance on the battery, please? How much do you want for it?
Regards Dave

Still available, I am asking $73 for the battery (what I paid for it)

DM me if anyone wants it, I am unable to create a thread in the classified unfortunately

I have searched for batteries everywhere! I've seen them as high as $115 on Ebay. I ended up paying $68/each for 3. I have a extra if anyone wants. What I paid vs shipping. But they should be available in a couple of weeks from DJI, so I'd wait instead of paying premium if you can.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy