DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini caused Football (Soccer) game delay in Moldavia

mullern88

Reactions
A mini was flown over the stadium of Chisinau (Moldavia) Wednesday evening before the start of the WC qualification game between Moldavia and Austria and cased a substantial delay. The referee did not start the game until the drone has disappeared from the sky. Here is a TV screenshot of it

I do not have any information about the regulations in Moldavia, so I cannot comment on legality of the action .

1630566422997.png

It's refreshing to see that stupid people with enough money to buy a drone live other places than just the U.S.

Reactions: NDWildBill
The referee was probably concerned that the prop wash from the mini would cause half of the players to fall to the ground and flop around like they had been injured. :)
It caused a delay of 30 minutes to start the game....
It turned out that it was a boy child running the drone. He was heartbroken when he realised what a mess he had created.

whatever. What's a boy child. An immature boy? Immature is where amateur comes from They just changed the A to an I removed an M and moved some letters around. If it was a youngster, where were the parents? But as I said, whatever, people are human. Human's make mistakes when uninformed. I wonder when drone makers will put a dumbed down list of rules to follow in their packaging.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15