DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Crash

JohnnyH

Reactions
Can I fix this? Dropped from 25m onto concrete. Everything else seems ok except this leg and the battery is tight to get in and out. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_3830.JPG
    IMG_3830.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3831.JPG
    IMG_3831.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3832.JPG
    IMG_3832.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3833.JPG
    IMG_3833.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 78
Can I fix this? Dropped from 25m onto concrete. Everything else seems ok except this leg and the battery is tight to get in and out. Thanks in advance.

Hi JohnnyH,

Im a new pilot, and my advise may not be right, but maybe using a glue to fix it back in position may be the best option. The leg will probably be in a fixed position then, but it may get you back in the air without much cost.

K.

Reactions: JohnnyH
Assuming you don't have repair/refresh thing?
Are you looking to repair yourself or send off for repair?

Reactions: JohnnyH
Operator error I assume? Only reason I ask is because perhaps there was some issue and if you reach out to DJI and open a case, perhaps they'd cover it.

I've seen parts listed on alibaba (sorry, can't find the link) and legs seemed relatively inexpensive. If (big IF here) everything else works, then you could possible just replace the leg. Still, I'd always wonder if something else had some hidden damage. I don't know how comfortable I'd be gluing the broken leg and flying it on a regular basis.

Operator error I assume? Only reason I ask is because perhaps there was some issue and if you reach out to DJI and open a case, perhaps they'd cover it.

I've seen parts listed on alibaba (sorry, can't find the link) and legs seemed relatively inexpensive. If (big IF here) everything else works, then you could possible just replace the leg. Still, I'd always wonder if something else had some hidden damage. I don't know how comfortable I'd be gluing the broken leg and flying it on a regular basis.

It was my fault, I can’t lie. The unit has been faultless. I may get my mini screwdrivers out and take a look at what’s what.

Last edited:
iv replaced the front arm...some soldering . its most difficult to split the body in half. only $30 part

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229