DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Gimbal Control

RDHarris

Reactions
Is there any gimbal control besides the wheel on the controller? I was hoping for a shortcut or something to direct the gimbal back to zero. I seem to recall the MA2 having a programmable shortcut to return the gimbal to zero. I didn't see the gimbal gauge on the app screen recently and am not sure why. I read the manual but the instructions specific to the gimbal are sparse. This would seem to be important when you have the gimbal set to allow upward rotation. Knowing it's stopped at zero would be helpful.

The gimbal gauge shows up only when scrolling the wheel. You can reset the gimbal to zero. It's a long way there but by going into the app Settings, then Control and select "Re-center Gimbal" (not the Re-Calibrate) will point it straight ahead at Zero.

I see that with the last Fly App upgrade (1.1.6) the option is no longer available to tap the blank gauge area and when the gauge appears, to drag your finger up/down on the display to adjust the gimbal. It was a sort of a hidden feature in the previous versions.

Reactions: ff22
You wont see it until the dial is in use, it's a scale on the RHS of the screen. Also if you touch a finger to the screen and hold it there you will get the ability to drag the gimbal up and down, the movement is relative to the original contact point and is PITCH ONLY

Attachments

• dial.png
    dial.png
    179 KB · Views: 10
  • touch & drag.png
    touch & drag.png
    194.2 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: ff22

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads