DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini not recording video after firmware update

Borghi

Reactions
I updated to the latest firmware a few days ago and haven't had a chance to test it out. I went out today and recorded a 2.7K video using a 64GB Class 10 card that I had been using all along on the mini. I came in and took the card out and put in in my Desktop PC. The file showed up on file explorer and I tried to open using VLC and Windows Movie Player. Nothing. In file explorer it shows up as a 2GB+ video file , but when I look at the file details everything is blank (no bit rate, pixel dimensions, etc). I reformatted the card on my PC and then reformatted in the Mini and tried again, SAME RESULT. It appears that the file is somehow corrupted and I don't know why. I took a photo on the same card and it showed up fine. Due to the firmware update?? Any ideas or suggestions?

Don't know if this is same but....
(on. 003 firmware) Today i took some footage and accidentally switched off the mini without stopping the recording. I copied the file to PC which then said it was corrupt. I remembered something a youtuber said about this happening (may have been Ken Heron) I simply made another short recording on the Mini and stopped the recording before switching off the Mini. Then magically the original recording was no longer corrupt and now useable. Hope this helps someone.

(on. 003 firmware) Today i took some footage and accidentally switched off the mini without stopping the recording. I copied the file to PC which then said it was corrupt. I remembered something a youtuber said about this happening (may have been Ken Heron) I simply made another short recording on the Mini and stopped the recording before switching off the Mini. Then magically the original recording was no longer corrupt and now useable. Hope this helps someone.
Yep... works this way throughout the Mavic line... learned the hard way.

It is possible that I may have done this on the first video, but when I did the second test I was very careful to stop the recording before switching off the controller and the drone. I was using a different phone (Essential PH1) running Android 10. I'm wondering if this could be an issue. I'll do more testing tomorrow but for now I'm baffled. The video did save to the phone at 720P as usual, but the file on the SD card is messed up on both tests I ran.

If you do accidentally power off the AC before stopping the recording, put the SD back in the AC and power the AC on. That will close the file.
Thanks so much. I have been playing in my kitchen and I had another no record. I recorded a second short clip and like magic the first one started playing when I opened it. I must be messing up the sequence and not finalizing the video file. I'll do more testing tomorrow, but this appears to be the issue. Perhaps I haven't done the incorrect sequence in the past and that is why all my previous videos came out fine. Good to know there is a way to save the file in case I do this again!

I had the same thing yesterday

If you do accidentally power off the AC before stopping the recording, put the SD back in the AC and power the AC on. That will close the file.

And this worked.

(I too had seen the video mentioned above)

If you see a red square in the camera area of the screen, you're still recording. Don't power off the AC, RC or app yet. Hit the Video button (on app or on remote) until it's a red circle. Then you can power off the AC, RC and close the app.

I mean this lightheartedly.

Reactions: Borghi
Yes, sometime it happen when upgrade the firmware or due to some virus the recorded video corrupt or distorted. The useful ways to recover the corrupt video and repair corrupt video files with the help video repair software. there are many video repair software online you can choose the best one and see the result before purchase. Here are some free & paid video repair software which resolve your problem

1. Stellar Repair for Video
2. Recuva
3. Pandora
4 Minitool

I hope this information helps you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member