DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini problems after update- so slow. Shows restricted zone

Also being discussed in this thread:

Well it's at least a little reassuring that we're all having this problem. Hopefully they can patch this quickly, because I agree, the drone is basically useless right now.

it’s actually risky to fly it in anything but a small breeze. I almost lost it up at 100ft even with a 15mph gust. It has no power or speed to fight the wind.

it’s actually risky to fly it in anything but a small breeze. I almost lost it up at 100ft even with a 15mph gust. It has no power or speed to fight the wind.

Agreed. I took it out today, brought it up to about 40m and it was seriously struggling in the breeze. Brought it down before it started to drift.

Reactions: Stryder
I have received emails back from DJI re: this issue. They have asked that I export my flight data for them to review. How do I do that?

I'm dealing with a guy named Warren.Wang. Does anybody have other names for their contacts? Hopefully we're not in a situation where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Wow!
Hope you guys get some resolution.
I‘ll hang back on .300

Yep, that's exactly what mine is doing. Says i'm at Downsview airport, but I am about 50km from there over in west GTA. So it must be a software issue since the last update, that sucks, I guess we'll have to wait for a fix...
You can always uninstall this last update and revert to the previous one, until an update is sent out.

Do I also have to do this for controller and three batteries ?
Just do the ac for now. Controller may not be necessary.
Batteries will let you know if that is needed.
Updates are not mandatory and as shown above, can be a bit annoying.

Reactions: Robmavicmini
Wow I thought it was just me , glad to see that in ontario we are seeing thrcdzme issue, also seeing the downs view airport and message, I was in Brampton, then tried out near Georgetown some message. I will send my email as . Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Robmavicmini
Make any progress with DJI support?
I keep getting asked for different stuff. Now he wants all my flight records. I don't think he quite understands that this is a bigger issue than just me. The previous flysafe version (which I still have on my iPhone) works fine. The new one that we got the other day (which I have on my Android) does not. For some reason, the new version treats a large area of Ontario as a restricted area around Downsview Airport. How hard can that be to fix? On DJI's GEO map the restricted area for Downsview is just a small zone so they just have to fix the disconnect between their map and the flysafe app. There is very little substance to the e-mails they send. Half of it is just reminding us to wash our hands to fight covid, blah, blah, blah.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro