DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini rant about selling things...

mad monkey

Reactions
It really drives me crazy when people are selling something and say "$$ on PayPal, you pay fees"

Sorry but if you want to sell something and use PayPal as a transfer method, suck it up. Either accept that as a seller you're paying the fees or up your price to cover.
It's like when people say send as a gift... Nope not taking the risk..

If I'm buying your stuff, the least you can do is pay YOUR 3% fee.

/rant

It really drives me crazy when people are selling something and say "$$ on PayPal, you pay fees"

Sorry but if you want to sell something and use PayPal as a transfer method, suck it up. Either accept that as a seller you're paying the fees or up your price to cover.

/rant
It's all negotiable. It's just business.

/rant

Lol
I 1000% agree with you.
I can feel your anger !!!!
Thanks for bringing it up.

Reactions: Former Member
It's all negotiable. It's just business.
But you see it's not business, businesses know how to handle themselves.. They work these kinds of fees etc into the pricing. Or they discount it off their total profit as just a cost of doing business..
Either way you'll never see a proper business saying you pay the fees.

But you see it's not business, businesses know how to handle themselves.. They work these kinds of fees etc into the pricing. Or they discount it off their total profit as just a cost of doing business..
Either way you'll never see a proper business saying you pay the fees.
I see it all the time. When I want to pay for something with a debit card, some pay the fee and some want an extra 3%. I just bought a couple of DJI batterys on Facebook paid with Pay Pal and the seller paid the fees. Last month I bought a complete Mavic setup. Paid with Pay Pal, seller paid the fees.
Yep, just business.

I agree that it's annoying when sellers do that. I can understand "buyer pays shipping" because that varies depending on location. Its easy for a seller to figure out the Paypal fees and add them to the sales price.

How would you feel if a seller placed an ad like this... would it still bother you? Im just asking.

Mavic Pro for sale
$699 cash
$725 Paypal

Reactions: mad monkey
I agree that it's annoying when sellers do that. I can understand "buyer pays shipping" because that varies depending on location. Its easy for a seller to figure out the Paypal fees and add them to the sales price.

How would you feel if a seller placed an ad like this... would it still bother you? Im just asking.

Mavic Pro for sale
$699 cash
$725 Paypal

I would feel great. I have a choice. I can either pay cash or use Pay Pal. It's my choice. For that kind of money I would take Pay Pal for the protection. If it was a $30 item I would pay cash. I also have a choice of shopping somewhere else.
It's just business.

I totally agree with buyer pays shipping.. Hell inbout something on here, payed the shipping happily, seller paid his fees etc. Then I paid my customs bill when it arrived lol
Seller has no idea about shipping costs etc. But you're right.. Easy to count those fees

In Canada we can do Interac email money transfer. It's like 'cash' vs PayPal.

I totally agree with buyer pays shipping.. **** inbout something on here, payed the shipping happily, seller paid his fees etc. Then I paid my customs bill when it arrived lol
Seller has no idea about shipping costs etc. But you're right.. Easy to count those fees

In Canada we can do Interac email money transfer. It's like 'cash' vs PayPal.

A little off topic but Canadians have it tough when buying certain things from the USA. I have had a few Canadian customers that had a post office box or UPS Store box in the USA, very close to the Canadian border, and had me ship it there. Then they paid the fees at the border, so the package wouldnt get stuck in customs for what could have been days or weeks.

That's why SMART businesses dont put an extra fee. They just charge for shipping and 'handling" LOL!
Most whiners haven't figured out what "handling" really means!

FYI, it is explicitly written in the PayPal terms of service that you are violating the ToS if you attempt to charge the buyer the fees or if you attempt to charge more for PayPal versus other payment methods. You are also violating them by asking them to pay for goods as a gift.

This negates most arguments in here, since PayPal can and will shut down your account if you violate their rules. You MAY charge a handling fee, but only if that handling fee also applies to all methods of payment, including cash or picked up in person.

FYI, it is explicitly written in the PayPal terms of service that you are violating the ToS if you attempt to charge the buyer the fees or if you attempt to charge more for PayPal versus other payment methods. You are also violating them by asking them to pay for goods as a gift.

This negates most arguments in here, since PayPal can and will shut down your account if you violate their rules. You MAY charge a handling fee, but only if that handling fee also applies to all methods of payment, including cash or picked up in person.
FYI, we were talking about the fee the Pay Pal charges.

Came here expecting a "getoffmylawnandturndownthatdamnmusicyoungwhipersnapper"
thread....
was not disappointed Thank you...cR

Never send money as a gift to purchase an item. Unless they have changed their policy, PayPal offers no buyer protection if you send money as a "gift."

Re: I've sent money as a 'gift' how am I protected?
Hi, “gift” or “personal” payments are intended as transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance. On the other hand, as it is a “personal” payment, there is no Buyer or Seller Protection Policy, as no goods or services have been exchanged.

In Australia many companies charge extra for using certain things. Amex is a good example, most companies want 3% to take it or wont take it at all because its fees, it is also allowable to add the cost of things like eftpos charges to the bill.

But this is Australia, we pay higher for everything

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS