DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini2: Help understanding new Yaw speed+smoothness in 'Gimbal Rotation Smoothness', 'Cine' & 'Sport' mode

Underwaterguy

Reactions
I searched the pdf manual but didn't run across these new control options...
I'm familiar with tweaking the basic gimbal speed & smoothness from the Mini 1.
I'm seeing the same option high on the menu in 'Control.'
Attaching screenshots of the ones I'd like to know more about...

"Set the gimbal rotation smoothness" > Yaw speed, Yaw smoothness.
Next item:
"CineSmooth Mode" > Pitch speed, Pitch smoothness (wouldn't those be set higher in the menu?) Yaw speed, yaw smoothness:
Last item:
"Sport Mode" > Pitch speed, pitch smoothness, yaw speed, yaw smoothness.

So, if I've set "gimbal speed/smoothness" in the upper menu (and I see it respond when I'm flying in CineSmooth mode) why is it available to adjust (again? differently?) below in "Cine" and Sport"? Thanks! (If there's a YouTube video about this, I'd love to learn more about these new features.) Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7451.PNG
    IMG_7451.PNG
    197 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_7452.PNG
    IMG_7452.PNG
    171.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_7453.PNG
    IMG_7453.PNG
    168.3 KB · Views: 68
I played around today with my MA2 and same settings
What I found out was

Pitch Speed- how fast the gimbal moves up and down
Pitch Smoothness- How smooth it stops the shorter the number it stops on a dime the higher number it rolls to a stop ( might be the other way around )

Yaw Speed - how fast the Drone turns right and left
Yah Snoothness- how fast the drone stops turning when you let the stick go. lower number it stoped asap higher number it rolled to a stop

Im a newbie and and this is what i found out playing around

Thanks! I'll definitely tweak and use the "Sport Mode" settings. It great to be able move fast up/dn and sliding R/L when shooting dynamic clips, but turning L/R is usually WAY too abrupt on the Mini 1.

DJI programmers.
The modes are separate therefore have to set each.
On one hand it's kind of nice that they're separate so you can fine tune each mode, on the other hand, people starting out would have found the single configuration on the Mini 1 to be easier to understand regardless of mode.

On one hand it's kind of nice that they're separate so you can fine tune each mode, on the other hand, people starting out would have found the single configuration on the Mini 1 to be easier to understand regardless of mode.
Now that I've dialed each mode in separately, I really like having the option to do that. I am loving this new machine. The controller feels more responsive and smoother, and the drone is definitely quieter.

So, no yaw speed setting. That alone would justify an upgrade for me. Reviews does not mention this but it is quite important feature. I hope we could have it on the Mini 1, it should be doable with a software update I guess.

If you're prepared to do a bit of firmware hacking you can change the yaw speeds. Firmware hacking discussion needs to be kept in the opt-in software mods section in this forum so I can't elaborate on the detail in this thread.

Reactions: usmc6154
Actually it does but not in the above terms and not separately for each flight mode.
You have stick sensitivity settings and flight control response.

The way my mavic mini turns so slowly in normal mode and in cine its faster how do I get it to do the opersite way round I adjusted it but think I may have messed the settings up

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest