DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Minimum MacBook required to edit MP2 videos?

TrayBoz

Reactions
If I want to buy a new or used MacBook Pro to view & edit MP2 videos using iMovie, can anyone tell me what the recommended power or model would be to do this sufficiently?

I currently have a 2015 MacBook Air, and I don't think it's going to cut it.

Should I be looking for the i5 or the i7 processor? Would 2.3 or 2.5 GHZ be powerful enough?

Anyone have any experience editing 4K HQ HDR videos from the MP2 Pro on a MacBook Pro that works well, and if so, what year model and processor do you have?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

I don't know, but I've got a Mid-2015 2.8Ghz i7 MBP that I'll be giving it a go on. Hopefully, it's still got enough in it to handle it.

Better video editors will edit 4K video by proxy. iMovie may not have that option. You might be better off buying an entry level macbook pro and use Final Cut instead of iMovie.

Start Apple hardware recommendations for their software and 4K. Storage becomes a big deal with 4K, so you need to think that through. Generally you want an SSD onboard and video storage off the macbook.

Even the 15" MacBook Pro has a really tiny monitor for editing. You will need to consider carefully where to spend your money.

I have a 15" MBP but I edit on a large iMac.

Reactions: TrayBoz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan