Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Miracle Blades for Mavic (Platinum)

No it's not.
  • Different color.
  • Different ESC HW
  • Different props
  • $100 more expensive
I heard camera hardware has changed. I heard 60fps or more is now usable.

Has anyone got a CLEAR picture or tech drawing of how these props are different.
There seems to be a turned up bit at the end, will this be an issue in snug cases if you leave them on?
As mentioned above it's the Phantom props which need re-designing if it is possible to make them noticeably quieter.
After getting used to Mavic, Phantom now sounds outrageous and almost embarrassing.

Reactions: AKent and cderoche
Interesting that they say that the new blades are quieter during take off and landing. That's when the drone is along side and at the same height as the listener and it suggests that the sound level is reduced mainly in the horizontal plane. However it is reducing the sound going vertically and diagonally downwards that would be most useful. It is probably improved in that direction too, but perhaps not as much.

Interesting that they say that the new blades are quieter during take off and landing. That's when the drone is along side and at the same height as the listener and it suggests that the sound level is reduced mainly in the horizontal plane. However it is reducing the sound going vertically and diagonally downwards that would be most useful. It is probably improved in that direction too, but perhaps not as much.

Finally! WHISPER MODE MY FRIENDS!

a35215fc92ee7b15e04549cf43ce4291--my-childhood--s.jpg

Do we have confirmation that the new props are backwards compatible with the current mavic?

No it's not.
  • Different color.
  • Different ESC HW
  • Different props
  • $100 more expensive

..everything else, in addition to what the poster mentioned.

I thought that they were the same price. I now see that is is $100 more.

Personally, kind of a rip off IMHO. An extra 3 minutes is a little more than 2 minutes in the real world. I'm still betting that the props alone might add around a minute of real time flight.

Reactions: TroutboyNZ
A DJI engineer confirmed at RCGroups that the 1080p downscaling problem has been fixed by hardware change. May mean there is a new image sensor.
And he confirmed that the props are backwards compatible to Mavic Pro.

Do we have confirmation that the new props are backwards compatible with the current mavic?

Yes:

"Noise reduction and flight time are also enhanced when used with the Mavic Pro, but not as much."

From the DJI STORE

I don't know where you live, but in the U.S. the Platinum standard and flymore packages are each $100 more than the Mavic Pro equivalents: $999/$1,099 and $1,299/$1,399.
Amazon =mp 950 usd
Amazon = fly more which I jist picked up for a hair under twelve hundred usd.

I hope the ESC change is 100% firmware because the modding community will figure out how to stick it on the old Mavic, and we can just buy the better props. Just flying with less noise is nice, less likely a drone shoot down looney will notice because you happen to pass over his house.

I hope the ESC change is 100% firmware because the modding community will figure out how to stick it on the old Mavic, and we can just buy the better props.
I don't see that DJI would claim that the ESCs are different. They would be sued by people who paid more for something that they were promised and did not get.

The ESC are hardware.

I don't see that DJI would claim that the ESCs are different. They would be sued by people who paid more for something that they were promised and did not get.

The ESC are hardware.

ESC's are programmed by software though right?

I do think its probably a hardware upgrade. Just hoping any software improvements can be imported to the old Mavic if at all possible. Obviously firmware parameter changes are a thing, just can't get into that here. Still buying some new props either way. ;)
This guy always has the scoop also.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Didy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar