DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Miracle Blades for Mavic (Platinum)

My opinion, the square wave is like hitting the car accelerator hard, the sine wave is like pushing it steadily, first uses more power and gas, second more economical.

So if we were measuring 0 to 60 times (kph) the Mavic should be quicker with its square wave, compared to its MPP sine wave inputs ?
No. The waves happen multiple times per revolution. Theoretically a sine wave controller will provide smoother torque, but the inertia of the rotor causes the speed of the props to be mostly smoothed out. The inductance of the motor even tends to smooth out the electrical pulses.

We are all concentrating on noise, but no one is bothered the MPP it going to be a little sluggish over a quarter mile compared to the original MP.
That's because that will be the biggest difference. The pulses produce audible harmonics. Theoretically, a motor might perform more efficiently with a sine-wave signal, but electrically a square wave controller could be more efficient. The new props are resulting in lower RPMs for a given thrust, which would probably have a greater effect on performance than the ESC. Though the smoother waveform might make the motors slightly more tolerant to the higher load at lower RPMs.

Reactions: Brojon
DJI missed the shipment time to get them to major resellers before a chinese holiday so end of October sounds about right. DJI themselves say 10-15 days until shipping AND they charge $10 to ship and I get a foreign transaction fee so screw that

Last edited:
DJI missed the shipment time to get them to major resellers before chinese new years so end of October sounds about right. DJI themselves say 10-15 days until shipping AND they charge $10 to ship and I get a foreign transaction fee so screw that
Chinese New Year is in February, so no. And you shouldn't get a foreign transaction fee ordering from DJI's U.S. website.

Sorry .. National holiday. Per advexure

"
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately DJI HQ and their factory in China were not able to get the new Mavic Pro Low-Noise propellers shipping in larger quantities prior to their Chinese National Holiday which has their offices and factory closed all this week. Normal operations and production resumes on October 8th. It’s likely that Low-Noise Prop orders will begin larger fulfillment mid to late next week assuming DJI is get these propellers shipping in larger quantities when they are back to normal operation after their holiday."

So I purchased through the DJI website using Paypal and yep bank of america did indeed slap a 3% fee onto the purchase. I'm not the only one Foreign Transaction Fee - not mentioned in the Price

"Thanks for purchasing our DJI products, we're very happy to serve for you.
Please be note that the foreign transaction fee you talking about is necessary to pay for every customers , not only for you since our hear quarter is located in China Shenzhen. Even you paid in US dollars you still have to pay it. Thanks for your understanding."

Last edited:
I paid through Paypal using my Credit Union Visa credit card and no fee.
They do seem to be unaware that US law precludes charging before product is shipped.

I paid through Paypal using my Credit Union Visa credit card and no fee.
They do seem to be unaware that US law precludes charging before product is shipped.
Yea they do that too. Seems bank of america does it more than others but straight from DJI's mouth that they do charge a fee. Your CU card may waive international fees or it's just randomly applied

"
Hi
Visa will charge foreign transaction fee when the transaction made in foreign countries or initiated in a foreign currency into U.S. dollars,Policies may vary from bank to bank. Our DJI account charge you in USD ,but if you had been charged additional fee when you order from DJI online store , please kindly check with your bank about this.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and have a nice day"

No. The waves happen multiple times per revolution. Theoretically a sine wave controller will provide smoother torque, but the inertia of the rotor causes the speed of the props to be mostly smoothed out. The inductance of the motor even tends to smooth out the electrical pulses.

That's because that will be the biggest difference. The pulses produce audible harmonics. Theoretically, a motor might perform more efficiently with a sine-wave signal, but electrically a square wave controller could be more efficient. The new props are resulting in lower RPMs for a given thrust, which would probably have a greater effect on performance than the ESC. Though the smoother waveform might make the motors slightly more tolerant to the higher load at lower RPMs.

On feature DJI advertised but nobody seems to care about or seems to mention was "increased stability". I suspect a lot of this is to do with the new ESCs and switch from square wave allowing finer control of torque and individual motors.

Chinese New Year is in February, so no. And you shouldn't get a foreign transaction fee ordering from DJI's U.S. website.

"In observance of National Day and Mid-Autumn Festival Holiday, we will be on holiday from October 1 to October 8" – DJI China HQ

One of the main Chinese holidays where DJI and nearly all business in China is closed. The two other big Chinese holidays that prompt big closures multiple days each year are Chinese New Year (late January/early February typically) AND Dragon Boat Festival (late May).

For anyone who was waiting for them, the platinum tipped props are now available here in the DJI Store.

I received some knock-off DJI Mavic 8331F and tested them today until I am available to order the real ones from DJI Japan.

I will reserve my final thought on these new 8331F blades when I will get the real one, however. after a quick test of these knock-offs.

1. The sound difference is HUGE, it feels like these new blades design is 2x timed quieter.
2. Did not see battery improvement or speed improvement (only tested on 1 battery), but, the overall flight feels slightly rougher than before.

Anyway, looking forward to having the original one sold on DJI Japan to order them and see how they behave, but the difference in noise reduction is really impressive, at least on the ones I tested.

Here you are a Link of these blades sold in Ca https://www.amazon.ca/Bestmaple-2pairs-Low-Noise-Propellers-PLATINUM/dp/B076PB3PCM and in JP https://www.amazon.co.jp/Bestmaple-クイックリリース-Low-Noise-Quick-Release-Propellers/dp/B076M27QFG

Reactions: Advexure
I received some knock-off DJI Mavic 8331F and tested them today until I am available to order the real ones from DJI Japan.

I will reserve my final thought on these new 8331F blades when I will get the real one, however. after a quick test of these knock-offs.

1. The sound difference is HUGE, it feels like these new blades design is 2x timed quieter.
2. Did not see battery improvement or speed improvement (only tested on 1 battery), but, the overall flight feels slightly rougher than before.

Anyway, looking forward to having the original one sold on DJI Japan to order them and see how they behave, but the difference in noise reduction is really impressive, at least on the ones I tested.

Here you are a Link of these blades sold in Ca https://www.amazon.ca/Bestmaple-2pairs-Low-Noise-Propellers-PLATINUM/dp/B076PB3PCM and in JP https://www.amazon.co.jp/Bestmaple-クイックリリース-Low-Noise-Quick-Release-Propellers/dp/B076M27QFG

Thank you for your review and the feedback we've been receiving on the new Low-Noise Props has been very positive. Hopefully you can snag some genuine ones there locally in Japan soon. Safe flying!

For those in the US looking for the Low-Noise props for immediate shipment, we have both the Golden and Platinum tipped versions. Links below. Order by 4pm PT M-F for same day shipping.

Golden Tipped: DJI Mavic Low-Noise Props (Gold) – $10
Platinum Tipped: DJI Mavic Low-Noise Props (Platinum) – $10

Safe and happy flying. :cool:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661