DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Miracle Blades for Mavic (Platinum)

Guys, one way or another, as soon as the new Mavic Pro Platinum start to get deivered we will hear the outcome from the real users.
Any news about that by the way?

Reactions: Nephiliam
The new ESCs are probably responsible for most (if not all) of the added flight time.

The new ESC smooth out the power application. I guess like gentle curves vs. off on. It saves power by ramping up vs. hard throttle.

I'd like to test flight time difference on Mavic Pro with original and Platinum props.

The new ESC smooth out the power application. I guess like gentle curves vs. off on. It saves power by ramping up vs. hard throttle.

I'd like to test flight time difference on Mavic Pro with original and Platinum props.

Judging by from the videos currently avaliable there seems to be two sound components at play.

The new platinum sound has no or very little resonant mechanical high frequency sounds comming from the motor especially during change of direction. The original mavic had a heap load if this sound. Most likely due to the motor bell experiencing more jerky ness from the transient wavform.
So my guess is the original mavic will continue to make this sound even after using the new props. Especially during sudden changes in direction.

The second sound component is the baffling and turbulence sounds of the props it self as it cuts through the air. This tends to be of a lower frequency. This is what will be improved on but i suspect the overall improvement will be unnoticable with the original mavic given that the lower freqencies tend to be harder to distinguish by the human ear.

Nontheless me wants new props.

Last edited:
Reactions: dewster
The only stupid question is the one not asked.

We can't get down on guys just because they don't know what an ESC is. My wife doesn't know what a Master Brake Cylinder is, either, but it hasn't affected her ability to be a very good, safe driver.

Just because a lot of us here are eggheads/nerds (myself included) and not only know what an ESC is, but also know how to program them, doesn't mean that's a requirement to have fun in the hobby.

To just barely scratch the surface of the subject for guys that are still wanting to know what an ESC is, despite the clamor from the thread...

Again, I'm just gonna barely scratch the surface of this, hoping to maybe pique the interest of a few guys enough to where they search for further information. Our Mavics use brushless electric motors. In an old fashioned brushed motor, the brushes allow the motor to rotate.... ok, I'm gonna suppress the urge to go into more detail... Since our motors are brushless, they need to have something as a substitute for the brushes, the Electronic Speed Controller (ESC). An ESC is used to allow the motor to rotate through it's designed RPM range. Why brushless? Brushed motors have a notoriously short life, and are not as efficient at converting electricity to motion as their brushless counterparts.

ESC's are basically computerized switches, that switch the current on and off *extremely quickly* on the different windings on the motor. A very popular piece of software for modifying the settings in ESC's is "BL_Heli" and is available as a Chrome application.

Our motors are "outrunners". An outrunner motor means that the bell of the motor rotates. Motor sizes are designated by their diameter and height. So an 1107 motor would be 11mm across, and 7mm high. They are also designated by their "kv". The "kv" rating is probably not what you're thinking.. it does not mean "Kilo Volts". It means the no load speed of the motor per each volt of input. So a 10,000kv motor would give you a no load speed of 10,000 rpm per volt input. So, a 1107 8000kv motor is 11mm across, 7mm tall, and will give you 8,000 rpm per volt.

I'm gritting my teeth at leaving this post as it is, as there's so many "but wait, there's more!" points, and others that are generalities with exceptions that make them not necessarily true 100% of the time. But at least it's enough for guys that just want to know the basics of "what is an ESC".

Let's not beat on guys for what they don't know. Let's get them started, and encourage them to find out more if they're interested. My opinion, anyway.
Don't stop now, VERY interesting post. I am learning from ya [emoji1]

Reactions: Cslucas34
That's simply not true. DJI stated the ESC's were upgraded, they are not programmable as you imply.
I'm not sure about that. There is a setting for when you're using the rotor guards implying the profile is changed to accommodate the extra mass. During the last DJI update the MP rebooted several times - each time a different rotor twitched leading me to believe that the ESC's were being updated - likely to be able to use the new blades which appear to have a steeper pitch and are longer. No update to Go 4 yet to select the new rotors but I'm thinking there will be.
Bear in mind pure speculation on my part.

Reactions: cderoche
I'm not sure about that. There is a setting for when you're using the rotor guards implying the profile is changed to accommodate the extra mass. During the last DJI update the MP rebooted several times - each time a different rotor twitched leading me to believe that the ESC's were being updated - likely to be able to use the new blades which appear to have a steeper pitch and are longer. No update to Go 4 yet to select the new rotors but I'm thinking there will be.
Bear in mind pure speculation on my part.
But that's an unrelated and separate issue. That's tuning to use the blades. We're talking about a completely different PWM waveform. Those require hardware changes to handle as they're usually not designed to handle all three different waveforms. There's usually no need to in a mass produced consumer product.

We're in agreement about the waveform - only a different ESC could use it.
But internal profiles for how to best accelerate and such might be programmable - like I said, I don't know and only have the odd behavior of the update to indicate my suspicions.

If anyone is interested in purchasing the Mavic platinum props, they are available here in the DJI Store.

Reactions: noimage
anyone received the props from DJI Store yet? Or have you been notified they shipped? i was told 20 days to ship after payment. $10 shipping and takes 20 days to ship what am I paying for, boat fuel?

anyone received the props from DJI Store yet? Or have you been notified they shipped? i was told 20 days to ship after payment. $10 shipping and takes 20 days to ship what am I paying for, boat fuel?
I sent in an inquiry since my card was charged but no shipping info.

Bought on 27th Sept.17, no shipping date as yet.

Also no official Android V4.10 either, therefore no quickshots or dynamic home point. [emoji21]

My opinion, the square wave is like hitting the car accelerator hard, the sine wave is like pushing it steadily, first uses more power and gas, second more economical.

So if we were measuring 0 to 60 times (kph) the Mavic should be quicker with its square wave, compared to its MPP sine wave inputs ?

We are all concentrating on noise, but no one is bothered the MPP it going to be a little sluggish over a quarter mile compared to the original MP.

Someone posted a MP vs PP in a drage race on youtube, so after the noise has settled down, lets see which is quicker, the MP or the MPP.

my local store is telling me that they expect them about the end of October, I will wait until they have them in stock.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat